DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

Well, thankfully Billie Kay had her resume updated and ready to go.

I swear I was going to say that, but now I don't have to! Probably the only person who has it up-to-date at will. She probably just added the one pinfall she got at Wrestlemania onto it, when Johnny Boy gave her a call!

• Like 1

There are SO many good potential Joe matches out there (JOE VS SHINGOOOOOO).  I hope he doesn’t sign anywhere and just gets The sweetheart deal where can walk in anywhere if there’s a great match to be had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This feels like the most high profile, potential laden purge in a long while. Usually it's just folks that rarely work. This time it's a lot of really good talent that all have something left to give or could still improve.

• Like 2

Just now, EVA said:

There are SO many good potential Joe matches out there (JOE VS SHINGOOOOOO).  I hope he doesn’t sign anywhere and just gets The sweetheart deal where can walk in anywhere if there’s a great match to be had.

I just want to see him walk out to Beanie Sigel or Pharoahe Monch at least one more time

• Like 4

Not easy losing your job, but love seeing misused talent get a new life.  Having missed the last decade and a half of WWE, I've only seen Samoa Joe from this list.  I assumed Joe's days as an asskicking machine were passed (again haven't seen him since ROH; maybe a TNA match), but judging by the excitement in this thread I am thankful my assuming is incorrect.  Cannot wait to see the return of Samoa Joe!

Edited by HarryArchieGus

53 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

They want another Eddy Guerrero and/or Rey Misterio, and that's all they'll accept.  But both of them are once in a lifetime, amazing talents that came about in a very specific way through various factors coming together perfectly.  It's not going to happen again and they're missing out on a lot of talented guys because they won't accept anything but a five star Latin-American worker who speaks perfect English with off the charts charisma.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd try to make it seem that Santos Escobar, Andrade and Alberto Del Rio are all actually the same guy! They keep doing the same thing with every Latin superstar they half-heartedly push and hope they become the next Eddy by accident.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Poor Woods. He just made all those new characters for BOTB Season 3 and now he's gone to wipe a good many of them.

Amazingly - the only folks gone (at the moment) that they used are the IIconics

1 minute ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Not easy losing your job, but love seeing misused talent get a new life.  Having missed the last decade and a half of WWE, I've only seen Samoa Joe from this list.  I assumed Joe's days as an asskicking machine were passed (again haven't seen him since ROH; maybe a TNA match), but judging by the excitement in this thread seems I am thankfully assuming incorrectly.  Cannot wait to see the return of Samoa Joe!

I'll go out on a limb and say that his feud with Brock was maybe Brock's best feud in WWE. Better than the one with Undertaker. And for the entire time he was there he was probably the best promo on a roster. His promo on Roman and Brock was legendary.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Infinit said:

How TF is Kona Reeves still employed by WWE??? 

You would be surprised how often I ask myself that question.  Just seems like the ultimate example of how fucked up WWE developmental is.

I mean, besides Velveteen Dream.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Meh. If it wasn't John making the phone calls and selling that absolute horseshit, it'd be someone else. 

But it isn't the same without the raspy old man voice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Again - since I had asked it earlier and folks confirmed my hazy memories - NXT folks theoretically will be cut too. They just don't announce those and that begins more a guessing game based on what the wrestlers themselves say.

So theoretically Kona could have gotten an unpleasant phone call too

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe there should be more people who treat the business as a job and less of fulfilling some childhood dream. 

Maybe this needs to be aimed more at fans than talent? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you know a while back in the AEW threads we where kinda spitballing about experienced women they could add to the roster. Mickie really fits that role. would love to see her have matches with Britt Baker, Anna Jay, Tay Conti, Red Velvet, Abadon, Jade ect

• Like 4