DVDVR Message Board

2021 Post-Mania WWE Purge

9 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Dog trained to find hidden objects is not the same as dog trained to find hidden FILES on said objects.  Now that being said imma chalk it up to Drake being dumb as a box of rocks and or not explaining it correctly.  However.  I can also see him and other Qanon wackados thinking that the dogs find the files not the objects.  Which would be par for the q course.

Or it could just be down to misinterpretation. I know nobody wants to give Drake any benefit of the doubt, but what the tweeter twitted could easily be interpreted as shorthand for "dogs trained to find hidden objects which are used in the task of finding things containing illicit material." It's laid out pretty clearly on OUR's website, and since he's speaking on behalf of work he's doing with them I'll assume he's conversant in their talking points. 

I guess I could listen to the interview and be proven wrong, but I don't think I'd find it all that fun. ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Morganti said:

I could see Duke bring let go from her on ring contract but "hired" into wwe digital to be a streamer/uudd liaison.

Jessamyn confirmed on her stream that she's still part of UUDD.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Skyler Story/ Brandi Lauren is Joey Janela's current GF, I think. So most likely she gets another shot outside the E. Meltz seems to be super high on Ezra Judge.

Well, I felt bad for dude for losing Penelope, but sounds like he's doing just fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

He’ll be on NWA or Impact by the fall, they fucking LOVE their abusers and pests.

Am I an idiot, or didn't it come out that the Velveteen accuser was actually over 18, and had the chat saved in a folder marked with the N-word? IN NO WAY am I defending the guy, I just may be mixing my stories up because so many different perverts did no-nos.

Velveteen Dream was a waste of a roster spot from day one. Mediocre worker at best. The fact that he is a creep as well? Icing on the cake.

Nobody wants somebody to lose their job, but honestly outside of the Ilconics, Samoa Joe and Alexander Wolfe no one was being used. Now that being said knowing that Drake Wuertz and Velveteen Dream are sleeping on wet pillows is kind of enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Am I an idiot, or didn't it come out that the Velveteen accuser was actually over 18, and had the chat saved in a folder marked with the N-word? IN NO WAY am I defending the guy, I just may be mixing my stories up because so many different perverts did no-nos.

That's what I read too. I might be thinking of someone else though.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Pretty sure several people called Dream out during SpeakingOut. I think the story with the questionable accuser happened actually before then.

• Thanks 1

Dream had a decent gimmick, promos, had an okay grasp of psychology, but possessed few ring skills to back up his talk and never seemed to improve.  Relied too much on the on the Roderick Strongs and Aleister Blacks of the world to carry him all the time. 

Not really sad to see him get cut, SpeakingOut or otherwise.

Hopefully he sells his wares in Japan or Mexico.  I really don't want to see him show up in the NWA, AEW, MLW or Impact.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Dream had a decent gimmick, promos, had an okay grasp of psychology, but possessed few ring skills to back up his talk and never seemed to improve.  Relied too much on the on the Roderick Strongs and Aleister Blacks of the world to carry him all the time. 

All of this.  The Takeover match with Aleister Black, in particular, fooled a lot of people into thinking Dream was something more than he really was, for a long time.  His rep seemed to coast on that match forever.

I do think people are selling Dream's talent a little short. That Black match was Black's best match in NXT, and Black was never blow away good in NXT. Hell, between the two of them, Dream had the far better match with Ciampa. Dream was charismatic, knew how to play his character well, and could have solid-good matches. He can go fuck himself after Speaking Out, but the talent was there even if it never came to full fruition.

• Like 1

It is crazy because Dream definitely appeared to be a favorite of Triple H and it looked like he was being groomed for bigger things and looked like a promising young star. Not to mention coming out of Tough Enough, he had a lot of fan support and even Mick Foley was stumping for him.

Rob Schamberger, of all people, called Dream out on Twitter yesterday and said he was one of the most unprofessional wrestlers he’s worked with while he’s been doing stuff with WWE.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

Rob Schamberger, of all people, called Dream out on Twitter yesterday and said he was one of the most unprofessional wrestlers he’s worked with while he’s been doing stuff with WWE.

I've never heard Schamberger ever say a cross word about anyone. He seems to be one of the nicest guys around. What the hell did Velveteen Dream do to get on his bad side?

Edited by TheVileOne