DVDVR Message Board

Complete Territory Episodes

DEAN

This isTHAT episode of Continental (the Tom Prichard/DWB domestic abuse angle) that asa teenager made sit and shock at first before realizing I got played as the mark I was!

James

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

Flair then says he is coming for Valentine's belt, which he has already lost to Piper.  I assume they were like,  "Well, we made this video package, I guess we have to use it."

also... guess who won the US title the weekend that this JCP episode aired

JCP @ Richmond, VA - Coliseum - April 30, 1983
Mike Rotundo defeated Bill White
Rufus R Jones defeated Ricky Harris
Jack & Jerry Brisco defeated Gene Anderson & Angelo Mosca
Bugsy McGraw defeated the One Man Gang
Jake Roberts defeated Mike Graham
Jos LeDuc defeated NWA TV Champion Dick Slater to win the title in a lumberjack match
Jimmy Valiant defeated the Great Kabuki in a New York Streetfight
NWA US Champion Roddy Piper defeated Greg Valentine
NWA Tag Team Champions Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood defeated Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle in a steel cage match; Sandy Scott was the guest referee and there were 3 judges for the bout

JCP @ Greensboro, NC - Coliseum - May 1, 1983 (4,819)
Keith Larson defeated Ken Timbs
NWA TV Champion Jos LeDuc defeated Ricky Harris
Bugsy McGraw defeated the One Man Gang
Jake Roberts defeated Mike Graham
Dick Slater defeated Sweet Brown Sugar
Jack & Jerry Brisco defeated Angelo Mosca & Gene Anderson
Jimmy Valiant defeated the Great Kabuki in a New York Streetfight
Greg Valentine defeated NWA US Champion Roddy Piper to win the title when Sandy Scott, Jim Crockett Jr., and Wally Dusek intervened and ruled Piper could no longer defend himself; earlier in the match, as the referee was knocked down, Valentine hit Piper in the side of the head with the title belt, injuring his ear, as both men were outside the ring
NWA Tag Team Champions Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood defeated Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle in a No DQ, no count-out match at the 27-minute mark when Steamboat pinned Kernodle with a crossbody off the top; there were 2 referees for the match

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

also... guess who won the US title the weekend that this JCP episode aired

So they set up that Valentine cheats and Flair wants his belt, so they then have Valentine cheat and now can have Flair go after his belt.  This would clairvoyant booking.  No. This would be CRAZY booking.

EDIT: Man, that Richmond card is fucking loaded.

1 minute ago, J.H. said:

Who the hell is the babyface in the Leduc/Slater TV title match for chrissake?

James

It appeared in the TV squash match that LeDuc was a lethargic babyface.  And Slater was about to get suspended for cheating like a pro wrestler.  THIS AIN'T NO SUNDAY SCHOOL, Mid-Atlantic wrestling!  Stupid 70s.

• Haha 1

It seems unfair to face Jos LeDuc in a *lumberjack* match. Anyways, I guess babyface Jos LeDuc is low blood sugar Joe while heel LeDuc has gotten his glucose right.

Looking at Cagematch, they have a LeDuc/Rufus vs One Man Gang/Kelly Kiniski house show match from Asheville. Which, I haven't seen much heel Kelly Kiniski, but between him and Angelo Mosca Jr (who was pretty lame in the 1984 JCP i've watched), Mid-Atlantic had some pretty bland second generation guys at times. Kiniski had left just in time for Mosca Jr to move from Florida to the Carolinas.

It appears that Jos LeDuc was in Florida with the forces of evil by July/August 1983.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

When we did the BTS recently, i think Kelly was talking about leaving the business in mid 86.

And i was a fan of kiniski/kelly team in the awa. 

Thank God someone besides me remembers that team!

James

This isn't from Detroit but across the lake in London, Ontario.  The best thing on this Angelo and Lanny Poffo.  There is a cage match between the Sheik and Tiger Jeet Singh which is annoying because it's an escape match, not a nobody can interfere and you are trapped in here with me match.  Stan Stasiak continues to be strangely watchable.  Red Foreman is your referee.  It starts off with that most Canadian of gimmicks, the Prussian nazi, Waldo Von Erich (who was born in Toronto.)

16 hours ago, DEAN said:

There is a cage match between the Sheik and Tiger Jeet Singh which is annoying because it's a Tiger Jeet Singh match it's an escape match, not a nobody can interfere and you are trapped in here with me match.

FTFY haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This is the worst wrestling I think I have ever seen- and I was at the infamous Midlothian Middle School card.  This is West Virginia in 1975 and it is hypnotically awful.  It's like you took all the guys the Moondogs beat up in Memphis and had them main event a TV show- except pastier and doughier.  Luckily, the video quality craps out and you only hear the velvet tones of Shirley Love,  my new favorite announcer.  I.... I.... I don't know.

The Midlothian Middle School match of matches.

• Thanks 1

Mr. Shirley Love utilized his local news anchor name recognition to become a West Virginia State Senator for over a decade. He was elected to a term in the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2016 at the age of 83. He died last July at the age of 87.

And yes, he was listed on the ballot as "Mr. Shirley Love" so that West Virginia voters could know they were voting for a man and not some woman. Yeppp.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

This is West Virginia in 1975 and it is hypnotically awful.

THIS is honestly the stuff I am enjoying most coming to the surface these days. At the beginning of the year I went on a kick where I was trying to track down pre-1990 outlaw feds and fly-by-night indies that somehow managed to wrangle television during their brief existences.

I look forward to digging into this West Virginia show. Though honestly, I find it hard to imagine that it could possibly top the terrible essence of George Gulas' UWA Championship Wrestling from 1984, which so far was the worst televised wrestling outlaw that I found during my journey into that realm:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

THIS is honestly the stuff I am enjoying most coming to the surface these days. At the beginning of the year I went on a kick where I was trying to track down pre-1990 outlaw feds and fly-by-night indies that somehow managed to wrangle television during their brief existences.

I look forward to digging into this West Virginia show. Though honestly, I find it hard to imagine that it could possibly top the terrible essence of George Gulas' UWA Championship Wrestling from 1984, which so far was the worst televised wrestling outlaw that I found during my journey into that realm:

This is hilariously awful but the Bounty Hunter would be akin to Vader invading that West Virginia show.  The West Virginia show is like something from outer space.  (I dig the horrible turn this thread is taking.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1