DVDVR Message Board

Complete Territory Episodes

DEAN

WWF at MSG! JYD squash match with a weird ass finish! Inoki v. Dr. D!The COBRA! BLACK TIGER ROCCO! WWF Junior Title! Piper/Orton v. Snuka/Tonga Kid! Briscoes v. North/South Connections! All this PLUS The Hogan/Iron Sheik Rematch!

James

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

WWF at MSG! JYD squash match with a weird ass finish! Inoki v. Dr. D!The COBRA! BLACK TIGER ROCCO! WWF Junior Title! Piper/Orton v. Snuka/Tonga Kid! Briscoes v. North/South Connections! All this PLUS The Hogan/Iron Sheik Rematch!

James

This was the night Dr. D slapped John Stossel.

• 5 weeks later...

Very full episode of Mid-Atlantic with Dory/Jake vs Rotunda/Brisco (with a Paul Jones who's finding his way as a manager on commentary), footage from Slater vs Piper from an arena with Slater and Valentine talking through it, another legitimate match with Slaughter/Kernodle vs Nelson/Weaver, Kabuki doing Kabuki stuff, and more of a squash with Youngblood/Steamboat taking on Masa Fuchi/Ken Timbs. Good stuff.

• Like 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Wrestling at the Chase 7/3/82

Flair & Blackwell v Dory Funk Jr & Patera in the main event. (Dagummit I just saw this was posted earlier in the thread...but since that's a tasty main, why not have it again??)

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Big Bad John before, but if I had been alive (which I *almost* was) and living in Alabama, he sure as hell talked me into the arena here. 

Weird to see the Samoans cutting promos, too  

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:07 AM, clintthecrippler said:

THIS is honestly the stuff I am enjoying most coming to the surface these days. At the beginning of the year I went on a kick where I was trying to track down pre-1990 outlaw feds and fly-by-night indies that somehow managed to wrangle television during their brief existences.

I look forward to digging into this West Virginia show. Though honestly, I find it hard to imagine that it could possibly top the terrible essence of George Gulas' UWA Championship Wrestling from 1984, which so far was the worst televised wrestling outlaw that I found during my journey into that realm:

George Gulas looks like he took fashion tips from Jim Cornette. 

Edited by driver

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I've been hearing David Summers(a man with a Top 40/New Country DJ voice if ever there was one) pimp it every episode of the Stud Cast that I've listened to. 

I've seen two episodes of Southeastern/Continental(both on Youtube). The first was from 78 and featured Don Carson with a freshly shaved head and Boris Malenko going on about a Russian Strap Match. The other was from late 84 and the main focus here was the Stud Stable(featuring Ron in an ascot and tails) front and center promoting a cage match between Arn Anderson and Mr. Olympia. Good shit through and through.

I watched the Detroit and WWA videos. The Detroit California Hells Angels were Ron Dupree and Chris Colt. Dupree's declining health and death would lead Colt on a downward spiral that lead to Crazy Chris Colt. The WWA Chain Gang(wearing what looked like legit Hells Angels vests) was Don Fargo and Kenny Mack. After a show near Chicago where Mack was shot by members of a real biker club after he and Fargo were invited to party with them. Fargo's next iteration of The Chain Gang was with Chris Colt as his partner, but this time they were hippies instead of bikers.

Fargo's biography The Hard Way is a good read. I was on board with it until it came to a tenure in Nashville where he joined the Klan. At that point I was like "WTF?" It's a great read nonetheless.

I've been watching all the august 85 JCP syndicated TV and I like some of the heels getting multiple interview segments, notably the Andersons and Tully. Flair is a babyface still and largely missing from MACW and WWW. 

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

just a good time being had by all as Bill Watts talks about a famous friend as a way to transition into burying JYD, Jim Cornette has a mask (that might have been a Hercules Hernandez Assassin mask marked black for this occasion), Adrian Street is here, Johnny Mantell is here, Ernie Ladd bumps a bit, and Duggan/Krusher Khrushchev hair vs flag

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this is so 80s.  Downtown Bruno insinuating that JT Southern is a Valley girl is something you need to have graduated in high school in 1984 to fully appreciate.  I love that Paul Heyman is Paul E Dangerly but is referred to as Paul E Dangerously a few rimes.  Boy Tony is Tony Faulk doing a Boy George gimmick, which was five years after Culture Club came out.  80s dudes never came to grips with Boy George.  When Faulk became Cowboy George it just became weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Watching World Class TV from 1985 and the episode is from the 1985 Cotton Bowl Show. Holy hell, how much did those high/far-back upper deck seats go for?

Also, Killer Tim Brooks certainly has a look.

The same weekend was Mid-Atlantic where Tony Schiavone looks like an investigative reporter at a local news station talking about getting footage from the NWA Offices in Kansas City of Dusty getting carried out after the ankle breaking. Also, Big Mamma/Mama's top was not meant to be seen in high definition. Or was it?

• Like 2

Here we get Iron Mike Sharpe as a baby face and defending a title(my only memories of him are as a jobber in mid-80s WWF), Hacksaw Duggan and Ted Dibiase against a young Arn Anderson, JYD and Mr Olympia(guessing it's Jerry Stubbs) against The Grapplers, Dibiase and Duggan cutting a promo on JYD/OLY and Bob Roop looking disinterested AF on commerntary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

it's October 1983 in Mid-Atlantic. Count the number of visible basketball hoops in the background! Witness Barbara Clary (Clarey) telling you that she's across the street from a Hyatt Regency while in front of a sign saying Hyatt Regency. Jim Crockett Jr insisted he wouldn't have signed Piper/Valentine in a Dog Collar match but the fans just wanted to see it so badly and it left him no choice.

The Babyface Superfriends are in a six man tag and the crowd is beyond pumped.

Lots of upper bodies are covered up as The Assassins take on Charlie Brown and Bugsy McGraw. Also, Dory Funk Jr is now a good guy because.. I guess he's just not up for the sort of excitement that would happen if you're managed by Paul Jones. I wanna say this sort of turn happened again 2 years later with Superstar Graham and Paul Jones. And probably a few more times with Paul Jones and other dudes.

Roddy Piper's suit game is on point. It's also a little bit more televangelist than one would think. But this is Piper, so if you gave a televangelist a bunch of cocaine, you'd get the suit/promo combo that Roddy could bring out.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1