DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/14/2021

Dolfan in NYC

The crowd chanting "THOSE ARE FAKE!" at the Dior Jordan 1s cracked me up. Forgot to mention that yesterday. I'm dubious myself to whether they're real Dior Jordan 1s or not. Those are like $15k shoes and they're pretty rare. I remember a BTE from a month or two ago where they were doing the travel vlog section and in the airport they spotted some out in the wild, or at least they thought they did.

Fucking Eddie Kingston had to sell his boots and ring gear to make house payments. Now I want Moxley and Kingston to beat the shit out of the Bucks and have Kingston steal the Bucks Jordans and wear them around his neck. That would be a baller ass move.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The crowd chanting "THOSE ARE FAKE!" at the Dior Jordan 1s cracked me up. Forgot to mention that yesterday. I'm dubious myself to whether they're real Dior Jordan 1s or not. Those are like $15k shoes and they're pretty rare. I remember a BTE from a month or two ago where they were doing the travel vlog section and in the airport they spotted some out in the wild, or at least they thought they did.

Fucking Eddie Kingston had to sell his boots and ring gear to make house payments. Now I want Moxley and Kingston to beat the shit out of the Bucks and have Kingston steal the Bucks Jordans and wear them around his neck. That would be a baller ass move.

Me too. Ta for bringing it up. I also want Mox and Kingston to bash the Bucks.

Edited by The Natural

31 minutes ago, Craig H said:

have Kingston steal the Bucks Jordans and wear them around his neck.

Then throw them up on some power lines in Yonkers. Or show him fencing them off and giving the money to his mom. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I agree that JR's disclaimer was an own goal. "So-and-so has really gotten themselves into tremendous shape during their time off" is an age-old wrestling and sports in general trope, and I don't think any disclaimer was necessary. 

I was kind of trying to make that point but maybe I missed the mark after like four edits.  He did this long disclaimer to say something that really wasn't too bad, yet a few matches before said that pretty women don't like getting hit in the face, which was fucking dumb.  Not as dumb as asking if AEW Heels hosts bake sales, but it's up there.

It's hilarious that JR has such a history of questionable (at best) comments about women, that now he gets no free pass here at all after saying something about a women's body that was pretty much a sports cliche and should probably be acceptable.  Not going to say he doesn't deserve it!  ?

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2021 at 11:06 AM, Infinit said:

Dax already has a high profile loss to Jungle Boy...they should've had Cash vs Jericho instead.

Either that or Jericho should've worked Shawn Spears.  I don't think Spears has worked any top tier guys since his little feud with Cody and the guy could stand to have a small blemish on his win loss record.  But now I must ask myself do I really want to see Shawn Spears on my television set for more than five minutes.

Cash made up for not jobbing to Jericho by eating that hook from Tyson.  I think Cash is dead.  So is the guy who got his pancreas ruptured by Anthony Agogo.

The Young Bucks don't have to make complete dicks of themselves for me to hate them.  It is pretty easy for me to hate the Young Bucks.

Where Is My Mind is perfectly synchronized to Kris Statlander's entrance video.

I think I enjoyed the Red Velvet / Jade Cargill match more than I should have, mostly because Red broke out her A game and made Jade look like a billion dollars.  Jade, to her credit. sold the best she could, didn't land too many potatoes, and didn't botch anything signficant

Main event was a train wreck but at least it was an entertaining train wreck.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

We had a little discussion yesterday about Dax probably not doing the job because he already jobbed to Jungle Boy.  Which was ridiculous to me because a tag guy loses absolutely zero shine getting beaten by 1) a guy at his own level (Jungle Boy) and then 2) a former world champ.  I figured he'd take then pin and of course he does.  Because more often than not, AEW is not booked like shit by a guy who hates the common tropes of wrestling and logical booking.  Really good match.  Good involvement by Tyson.  I liked having fewer people at ringside after two weeks of Bunkhouse matches.

I know this wasn't the discussion that you were having, but my problem with it wasn't protecting Dax but that The Inner Circle has kicked the dog shit out of the Pinnacle (which I am going to predict that Cornette will start calling The Pinochle in a few weeks) every time they've crossed paths since The Inner Circle came back after a very short heel establishment phase. I wouldn't have a problem if they gave the heels some sort of out or did something to get them heat again but the faces are just mudstomping them into paste. I don't want to be in a position where I feel bad for the heels, but they're not really getting anything in the build and that's not a good way to get them heat or The Inner Circle steam.

6 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I know this wasn't the discussion that you were having, but my problem with it wasn't protecting Dax but that The Inner Circle has kicked the dog shit out of the Pinnacle (which I am going to predict that Cornette will start calling The Pinochle in a few weeks) every time they've crossed paths since The Inner Circle came back after a very short heel establishment phase. I wouldn't have a problem if they gave the heels some sort of out or did something to get them heat again but the faces are just mudstomping them into paste. I don't want to be in a position where I feel bad for the heels, but they're not really getting anything in the build and that's not a good way to get them heat or The Inner Circle steam.

Oh yeah, that's definitely a good point.  We still have two shows' worth of build, so I have faith that the heels will get some heat before that.

20 minutes ago, Goodear said:

I suspect that The Pinnacle will probably win the Blood and Guts match based on how this has been going so far but the Inner Circle immediately getting their heat back was a huge mistake, imo.

Especially, with Blood and Guts as the end game. It would have made more sense to have the Pinnacle narrowly escape their comeuppance by constantly fleeing which would have made the inner circle challenge make more sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I'd love to know JR's thought process when trying to decide which former Klansman, Dick Murdoch or Karl Kox, to namedrop when talking about the brainbuster.

I was offended.  We all know that Koko B. Ware, a black dude, had the best looking brainbuster of all times.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I was offended.  We all know that Koko B. Ware, a black dude, had the best looking brainbuster of all times.

To be honest, this is what I always think of when I think of the brainbuster. My memory may be shit, but I swear he called it the Ghostbuster, which made it even cooler if you were a kid that was huge into wrestling, ghostbusters, and Koko B. Ware. I was a WWF kid first, so Koko hitting that was my first exposure to it and that's where my memory goes.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh yeah, that's definitely a good point.  We still have two shows' worth of build, so I have faith that the heels will get some heat before that.

Here's why I've given the faces constantly beating down the heels a pass...

I'm so used to WWE booking where the faces are constantly booked like utter fucking idiots and always get their asses kicked. I saw it so much there that even with faces getting one over on the heels maybe going too far with this feud, that I happily accept it because the alternative is the bullshit in WWE. I understand that's not exactly fair and it's a double standard, but I also at least feel like the Inner Circle isn't going to keep winning these fights and they're going to get their asses kicked probably as soon as next week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, killsteve said:

Only took them 3 weeks, but fair enough I must have missed that. 

Ok I’m just gonna say isnt the Babyface winning the big bloody war match against the heel only for the babyface to come on tc for a few weeks and talk trash about the Face that just beat them only for the babyface to make their return and smack some sense into the heel pretty fundamental booking? 

Also, here's a question that I know I should ask in the TV thread, but Snowfall on FX was third on the night. I have never watched it, but from the rating I assume it's a good series that a lot of people are into.

Anyone here watch it and think it's worth checking out?

• Like 1