DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 37 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

WrestleMania Night 2 wasn't as good as the night before but still enjoyed. Wish there wasn't the headbutts in the main event between Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan/Edge. Best WrestleMania since WrestleMania XXXI.

Edited by The Natural

It seems like I say this after big match Wyatt’s in where they assassinate his character, but he’s gotta ask for his release tonight. That’s a neutering of the highest order.

• Haha 1

Rhea Ripley winning the title almost makes me want to tune into RAW, but then I remember all the bullshit on that show. But anyway, yessss Ripley. She has “it” and they better not fuck it up for her. But it’s the main roster, so...

• Like 3

Just now, Spontaneous said:

Was not expecting Roman to still be illiciting boos in the main event. 

I wasn't surprised - feelings that strong for a performer just doesn't go away because he's been doing some cool shit on TV for a few months.

I'm not sure what the hell Orton/Fiend was supposed to be.

Tamina/Nattie vs. Nia/Shayna was okish. Was weird seeing Tamina being the most over person in a match.

Owens/Sami was kind of spotfest with all of the big moves and bombs dropped but fun. Was good neat seeing Logan Paul stunned. Always good to see Owens get a moment in.

Paid no attention to Sheamus/Riddle. I just know Sheamus won and that pleases me.

Crews/E was a solid brawl. Kind of happy to see them doing something with Babatunde finally.

Asuka/Rhea was good and second best match of the night. Very pleased to see Rhea come out as champ.

The triple threat was damn good and I loved the ending. That moment with Roman pinning both guys was perfect. I am so good with the idea of Roman being champ for another six months at least.

Night 2 wasn't as good as night 1, but Asuka/Rhea and the main event brought the goods. Sasha/Bianca is still the best match from the whole show. Definitely the best WrestleMania in a long time.

• Like 3

It's almost like they realized no one gave a fuck about Randy/Bray and got it out of the way as quickly as possible.

The women's tag and Crews/Big E weren't bad but came off as just regular weekly tv matches. I guess the big guy from Raw Underground is Crews' heater now?

Owens/Sami and Riddle/Sheamus were both good but not next level.

I had been most looking forward to Rhea/Asuka and it was fine but I guess I was expecting something a bit better.

The main event was good but I have no idea what they do with Roman from here. I'm just glad Edge didn't win.

Also, poor Asuka and poor, poor Bayley. Imagine being the company MVP during the weirdest time in modern TV history and stooging for the Bellas as a "reward." Just piss poor. 

Big E has to be the MITB winner, right? Has to be.

That women's tag team match was... something. They all worked hard. 

Definitely not as good as night 1, in that it wasn't "good" at all, but that main event fucked hard. 

• Like 1

Like to copy and paste the following from the old WrestleMania thread:

It's a disgrace that Bayley doesn't have a big WrestleMania match for the singles title as she was one of the lone bright spots of WWE last year. Year long WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion reign/winning the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Sasha Banks as the Role Models became the Golden Role Models.

I'd have made Bayley win the Women's Royal Rumble match and face Sasha Banks in the main event of WrestleMania XXXVII. I REALLY wanted that. As Bianca Belair won the Women's Royal Rumble match, I would replace Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley for the WWE RAW Women's Championship with Asuka vs. Bayley for the aforementioned title. The RAW Women's Division could do with Bayley as it's weaker than its counterpart on Smackdown.

Bottom line, it's bullshit for Bayley not to have a high profile WrestleMania match for the reasons provided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suppose it remains to be seen whether Rhea will be a heel going forward or if she was just playing against Asuka, but assuming she is, KO is the only babyface that went over tonight.

Would also mean Bianca is the only babyface champion coming out of Mania.

This is the clearest picture we've seen so far of a post-Vince, presumably NBC-run booking process that feels a lot more in-line with modern entertainment. And yes, this is a death-of-the-author type blow against the fabric of worthwhile Western art, a singular entertainment entity turning towards paint-by-algorithm corporate committee feedback. Fuck Marvel. Yadda yadda. But this was also the easiest Wrestlemania to watch with non-fans in, I don't know, decades. This is Night One & Two of the Peacock Era and it's better than what it used to be.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Sad 1

The opener was poo and all, but if the reveal is that Bliss was actually the one in charge this either time, I can dig that and am intrigued. Of course then the bell has to ring at some point, though. 

Sheamus is the sneaky top 5 guy in the world right now and I’m extremely happy he won. Just putting in awesome work.

Roman is THE top guy in the world right now, and I don’t think he should ever lose. 

While I had a feeling that they weren't going to have Nattie and Tamina go over, it was still cool to see the crowd get solidly behind Tamina. 

Asuka has carried the Raw women's division for better or worse through all of this mess but it's cool to see Rhea have her moment since she got screwed last year. Interesting to see where they go from here.

Count me in as liking night 1 more than night 2 but both were solid. We would have hated this show if it were one night.

Did not expect that to be the finish in the main event. Who goes after Roman after Backlash? Cesaro? Big E? There's also the return of Jimmy Uso at some point.

We had a real fun time in the Discord chat with this one. The show was decent enough, good mains, doesn't seem like it was anywhere near the first night, but I'm glad I watched for sure. 

The quote of the night was definitely these three words...

Spoiler

BOX

STRUCTURE

???

• Haha 3