DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 37 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

41 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i don't want to be too hard on them but a lot of the women on the main roster outside of The Horsewomen/Asuka/Bianca need a lot of work..  

This is a half true. Sure you have your Lanas, Danas, Billies, etc., but we have seen enough of Carmella, Liv, Ruby, Naomi, and several others to know they can do more than they get to typically show. WWE just doesn't like to give them that chance. I also think booking them into nothing makes them a little worse off over time. The Horsewomen and Asuka can recover more easily because they are that high up in talent, but even they suffer in delivery when going through long phases of shit/disinterested booking.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

we have seen enough of Carmella, Liv, Ruby, Naomi, and several others to know they can do more than they get to typically show. 

i think both statements are true.  i said earlier they were put in a very tough spot last night but i don't think they are on the top level of talent and there are a few women in NXT that are probably ahead of them as well.  i'm not sure there's room for any of them to be elevated. 

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i think both statements are true.  i said earlier they were put in a very tough spot last night but i don't think they are on the top level of talent and there are a few women in NXT that are probably ahead of them as well.  i'm not sure there's room for any of them to be elevated. 

There is absolutely room for Liv, Ruby, Dana Brooke & Mandy Rose to be elevated & for Naomi & Carmella to resume their prior spots on the card. They have 5 hrs of live first run programming a week. The problem is the repetitive writing that doesn’t allow for multiple focuses in a single show.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This is a half true. Sure you have your Lanas, Danas, Billies, etc., but we have seen enough of Carmella, Liv, Ruby, Naomi, and several others to know they can do more than they get to typically show. WWE just doesn't like to give them that chance. I also think booking them into nothing makes them a little worse off over time. The Horsewomen and Asuka can recover more easily because they are that high up in talent, but even they suffer in delivery when going through long phases of shit/disinterested booking.

This women's tag storyline has been all over the place for weeks now. It would have made more sense to do the contender's match on Raw, where the teams would get a decent amount of time. As it is, this was like something out of 2015. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

There is absolutely room for Liv, Ruby, Dana Brooke & Mandy Rose to be elevated & for Naomi & Carmella to resume their prior spots on the card. They have 5 hrs of live first run programming a week. The problem is the repetitive writing that doesn’t allow for multiple focuses in a single show.

So what's the plan with io Sharai,  Toni Storm,  Raquel Gonzalez?  

Night one was interesting. I fell asleep during the first match.  My daughter had aTn early Lacrosse game and I was beat. Watched Night 1 today and avoided every spoiler.  Shocked Lashley won but happy to see it as long as Drew doesn't win it Monday on Raw. (Maybe Cole is called up and wins Monday)    

Natty finally got her Mania moment. At least Teddy was there to see it.  

Loved Cesaro- Rollins. Fun match and was booked really well.

Loved seeing the Amos in the giant role. Going to love seeing him and AJ destroy any team of random singles stars on Raw each week.

Bianca-Sasha to me is not a Mania main event. To be honest it wouldn't main event most Smackdowns to say otherwise would be kidding yourselves.  But the match delivered and both girls busted their asses. 

Excited more for Night 2 than I was Night 1. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No one knows if Shirai is moving up or even sticking around in WWE while the other two shouldn't move up until near the end of the year, maybe even not until next year. In Shirai's case the problem we are talking about will still be there for her where she likely will have trouble even gettign a chance to break out because the current booking doesn't really try to give that chance too often to any who aren't the Horsewomen and occasionally Asuka. Shayna got a big match at WrestleMania and has done jack and shit as a singles talent since.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

because the current booking doesn't really try to give that chance too often to any who aren't the Horsewomen and occasionally Asuka. Shayna got a big match at WrestleMania and has done jack and shit as a singles talent since.

Booking aside..  it's the same as the men.  There's a lot of talent up top and a lot down in NXT.  When you bring up talent from NXT it creates even more of a logjam. 

42 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Toni Storm isn’t gonna move the meter on the main roster. Raquel Gonzalez has a super high ceiling, but I could see someone (coughjohnlaurinaitiscough) thinking she isn’t what they’re looking for. We can all read between the lines there. Io is interesting, because she could be a huge star, but she may not want to stick around long enough to have a main roster run. If you were her and watched how they’ve booked Asuka on the main roster, would you trust Podcast Prichard and the Old Man to give you anything to do?

Even if they all get called up, the division is thin enough to facilitate new talent and a renewed emphasis on the folks who are already there. Don’t make this something other than what it is; staggering incompetence from a handful of decrepit old idiots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

More company for the catering crew?

Probably but this is a legitimate question.  When they are brought up they should probably be pushed.  When Becky and Charlotte come back they should probably also receive some sort of push.. 

i have long been an advocate of more women's feuds that don't revolve around the title but i don't know if that qualifies as being elevated.  

it's hard for me to envision a situation where they are giving Dana and Lana more title matches.  You got guys like Drew Gulak who barely get on a show or Ricochet stuck in catering.  if they aren't viewed as viable talents worthy of more air time then who is.. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

Also,

the point of Titus and Hogan as hosts? It's pointless. Have one or the other but Titus didn't look comfortable around Hogan and Hogan obviously only cares about putting his lines/himself over. The show was already delayed and the Hogan/Titus shit didn't do anyone any favors, nor will it tonight. 

You want to have a host, have Vince be the host. The crowd loves him. Don't do it every year but the short speech Vince gave last night was all we needed in the form of a "host"

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Probably but this is a legitimate question.  When they are brought up they should probably be pushed.  When Becky and Charlotte come back they should probably also receive some sort of push.. 

i have long been an advocate of more women's feuds that don't revolve around the title but i don't know if that qualifies as being elevated.  

it's hard for me to envision a situation where they are giving Dana and Lana more title matches.  You got guys like Drew Gulak who barely get on a show or Ricochet stuck in catering.  if they aren't viewed as viable talents worthy of more air time then who is.. 

I'm not saying they all need title matches. I AM saying with 5 hours of TV a week there's no reason why they shouldn't be having matches or promo'ing weekly. WWE has gotten really bad about having the same 12 people on tv every week, particularly on Raw. This won't ever happen while Vince is in charge, because I'm convinced he's senile and forgotten a good portion of his roster, but Podcast Prichard and Johnny Ace should at least be aware they have these talented women they're doing nothing with.

• Like 1

Holy hell, pinning both guys at the same time.   That's the moment of Roman's career.   Good for him.  

Also, I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, but I'm begging you... let's not make this a 30 page meme thread on ... whatever that was with Alexa. 

Please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1