DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 37 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, The Natural said:

EyrT1NPWUAA892e?format=jpg&name=900x900

If looks could kill. Skipped the Fcuk Hulk Hogan segments.

"Did you just call me Brother T you sonuvabitch?"

Awkward as ****. WWE never should've done this. Looked terrible on TV. It looked like that was the last place Titus O'Neil wanted to be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

"Did you just call me Brother T you sonuvabitch?"

Awkward as ****. WWE never should've done this. Looked terrible on TV. It looked like that was the last place Titus O'Neil wanted to be.

OPmm-PqG?format=jpg&name=small

Photo says it all. Really feel for Titus O'Neil getting lumbered with the racist bigot. Man, I hate Hulk Hogan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Probably should've just made Bayley and Titus the hosts. 

I'd have preferred Bayley to have a high profile match as she was one of the few WWE bright spots last year having a year long reign as WWE Smackdown Women's Champion, her team with Sasha Banks as the Role Models winning the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship and then feuding with her. I was hoping for Titus and Billie Kay. Anybody over the Hulkster.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

- The weather delay being announced as soon as they came back from the show opening was almost tragically poetic. For a moment it just didn't look like this was going to happen.
- The set is incredible. Absolutely loved it, particularly after the last big one at 35 was such a huge letdown. Top tier Mania set and I love the cannon pyro.
- Hogan & Titus's introduction was both awkward and shite but I'm guessing they were dragging out what they were going to say in order to kill a bit more time and allow everyone to retake their seats. Titus looked dapper though.
- Opener was great. They worked their asses off, especially Drew. There were a couple of moments later on where they looked a bit lost and perhaps it went a bit long. McIntyre missing the claymore because MVP shouted something was dumb but all in all I think they delivered a really good bout to open the show. I popped for Lashley retaining. I thought Lashley might have been more popular with the fans. Maybe Vince will change his mind and put THB back together.
- Women's tag turmoil wasn't much. I don't think second was the best slot for this match. People were still chomping at the bit and ready for something more substantial to stick their teeth into. It took the wind out of things a bit.
- Cesaro & Rollins had a banger that could have done with more time. Memorable spot with the stomp attempt countered into the spinning uppercut as well as that mad no hands spinning move Cesaro did. Big win for Cesaro I guess.
- Omos was amazing. That was exactly what I wanted. I'm sure it was all planned and rehearsed extensively but everything he did looked great and he ooked genuinely unstoppable. I liked AJ calling for the one foot cover. Their future tag matches could follow the same template and be pretty entertaining. I don't know how long he'll stay hot as he likely becomes more and more exposed but for now it's working a treat. 
- I expected the worst from Strowman/Shane so was pleasantly surprised it wasn't completely dreadful. Strowman looked great in his entrance. Emerging from all that smoke roaring and looking absolutely jacked. I liked the spot where Braun ripped out the mesh. Big bump from Shane for the finish as you'd expect. Fine.
- Kind of thought that Bad Bunny would impress after all the talk about his training in the performance center and that's exactly what happened. This was actually a lot of fun and the finish got a big pop. His entrance was suitably grand. Big Damian Priest got to look like a big deal alongside him.
- Main event absolutely delivered. They needed to deliver a great match for this show to really be considered a success I think and they did that. This was a hell of a showcase for Belair. She looked like such a star. The roll through from the dive into the gorilla press walk up the steps was impressive, as was the delayed vertical suplex she did and the two 450 splash attempts. Sasha went for Belair's hair constantly throughout the match and so that brutal hair whip was a great pay off. It was such a good moment. I kind of wanted a few more minutes of this but it was still a genuine delight.
- The show exceeded my admittedly quite low expectations. Pretty much everything delivered or overdelivered. It was a lot easier to watch at around 3 hours than usual and it was just a treat to see a wrestling show in a big stadium with fans after so long. 

Edited by Tuna Boss
  • Like 2

You could tell that Miz/Morrison vs Bunny/Priest was originally planned out to be a singles match, couldn't you? The one thing that stood out from that was that, even with a mainstream celebrity he's supposed to be protecting out there with him, Miz still did his signature Miz Dive Catch. I bet he's that one guy who would never even catch people doing trust falls.

I won the predictions contest, I went 6-1. New Day let me down. But I lead from that start thanks to Lashley coming through for me.

Also, it looked to me like Bianca was close to tears at the opening bell due to the significance of the moment, and Sasha was desperately pulling mean faces to try and stop herself from crying as well.

Edited by AxB

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

A few scattered thoughts:

- Those rain delay promos were hilariously bad. It's like no one knew what to do when they were off-script or things didn't go according to plan. Everyone looked super nervous and off their game.

Kevin Owens’ promo was really good and Bianca’s was just fine. 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought it was a mixed bag and it was quite interesting to see which talent were able to wing it and which weren't. MVP is another one that comes to mind as having done a good job. Seth Rollins on the other hand...

Edited by Tuna Boss
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Kevin Owens’ promo was really good and Bianca’s was just fine. 

15 minutes ago, Tuna Boss said:

Yeah I thought it was a mixed bag and it was quite interesting to see which talent were able to wing it and which weren't. MVP is another one that comes to mind as having done a good job. Seth Rollins on the other hand...

Really wish Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns had a go and how it would promote the next night's WrestleMania.

10 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Omos with some ten year vet level shit talking tonight. That was my favorite “be the giant” match in a long time.

The Nikita Koloff rule ("Stay on your feet or bye bye push") was definitely in effect with Omos.

Observation, not complaint. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nate said:

Is that the first time two black athletes mained Mania?

Still have 2 more pages to read so maybe this has been mentioned, but I saw someone point out that everyone who scored the fall in title matches on that show was black. You'd think that would probably be a first too.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

From Naylor re: cesaro busting out the ufo

I think that's the first time Cesaro's ever used the UFO in WWE. Good on Cesaro holding out for the above. Another rarity by Cesaro in WWE is the Alpamare Waterslide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

I just finished the main event of night 1. Bianca is such an amazing athlete. Is she the first woman to ever hit a running shooting star press? 

Can't think of anybody else. The athleticism of Bianca Belair, how strong she is and her promos. The EST of WWE is a star.