DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 37 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Sometimes it's better to go in with low expectations than high. With the former anything other than is a bonus unlike the latter.

Spoken like a true Bradford City supporter!

#UpTheBantams

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I guess I need to re-watch the main event. Bianca was the star of the night, for sure, but in my opinion... it wasn't anything spectacular like what I'm seeing you guys say. I'm actually pretty down on this show compared to the rest of you. I didn't think any match tonight was beyond good, with a reallyyyy good portion of the matches only being decent to me. I think I enjoyed McIntyre/Lashley and Rollins/Cesaro more than anything else tonight, but even those weren't blow-away fuckin' awesome or anything.

Liv & Ruby continue to deserve so much more than what they're given. Natalya & Tamina, really? What the fuck? That tag match tomorrow almost has to lead to Charlotte & Becky challenging somehow, right? Or Bayley and someone? Anything other than this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

If I was a wrestler, the main event of Wrestlemania is about the only time I would volunteer to take that hair whip.  It’s always nasty.

It reminds of the pubescent arms race at the glorified POW camp I knew as "Camp Kaleo" summer camp. Guys (myself included) would create these instruments of suffering where we'd twist a towel and duct tape the section just before the end for maximum carnage. The impact sounded exactly like Bianca's hair whip. I know that hurt like a motherfucker.

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

If I was a wrestler, the main event of Wrestlemania is about the only time I would volunteer to take that hair whip.  It’s always nasty.

Yeah its surprising how many were willing to take it in NXT, especially since one or two of them actually got slightly cut from it.

• Like 1

That was a pretty good show. The women's tag was meh and the Shane The Bully Cage Match was meh but everything else delivered or overdelivered. Shocked that Drew lost but I'm OK with Bobby's reign continuing. Omos had a perfect debut. Super happy Cesaro got his big win. Bunny did great...I'd put him behind Floyd as best Mania celeb match. And I think Bianca is great, glad they pulled the trigger instead of pulling a Roman and choking in the spotlight a few times because of "reasons". 

And who would've thought that when the Iiconics broke up, it would be Billie on the Mania card and Peyton not booked? 

I was hoping the women's tag would at least be decent but it was a mess. But I should have known with how haphazardly it was thrown together. Most of the women just seemed off and it didn't smooth out until the end. I have no problem with Tamina/Nattie although I was pulling for the Riotts. Another plus is that most of the teams actually looked more like real units tonight, especially Mandy and Dana. I don't see Tamina and Nattie going over the champs tomorrow but we'll see.

Omos is a true killer.

I enjoy when celebrities actually take this seriously and put in the work especially since they really could just phone it in. So, I enjoyed Bad Bunny and thought everyone involved worked hard to put on an entertaining match.

I thought Sasha/Bianca was ok and probably Bianca's best main roster performance. Such an awesome moment for her too. 

Bunny acquitted himself well, but the match was too long, and a big part of that was them letting him shine on the Miz for WAY too long at the beginning of the match.  I felt like that was a big reason that Priest’s hot tag felt pretty lukewarm—it didn’t really seem like Bunny needed his help that much.  I don’t think Priest really got anything out of this, but it’s possible they don’t care at all.

This card was cursed at moments with a storm delaying WrestleMania's start, people cutting impromptu promos (wish Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns got the nod), Mandy Rose's slip, ring announcer wrongly saying the Riott Squad was eliminated, hearing different audio feeds and Michael Cole fucking up the finish to Belair/Banks.

Edited by The Natural