DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 37 Post Match Thread

Dolfan in NYC

I really enjoyed WrestleMania Night One from top to bottom. Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair delivered in the main event slot. Cesaro busted out the UFO to Seth Rollins and pleasantly surprised Bobby Lashley best Free McIntyre to retain the WWE Championship. I don't regret watching this one live.

• Like 3

Loved the opener as a traditional big man title match with no modern go-go-go to it. In fact I could say that about a lot of this card. Nice throwback in that sense.

I am such a sucker for giants booked like giants. I LOVED the Omos match. That’s how it’s done.

I need Bunny/McAfee

Very enjoyable show. My favorite Mania in a good while.

Edited by For Great Justice

Bad Bunny is now my second favorite celebrity at 'Mania ever, after Lawrence Taylor. Props to him for doing FAR more than was required.

Pretty fucking stupid to break up the Hurt Business if Bob Lash was going over at 'Mania, but that match ruled ass.

Poor tag turmoil ladies. I have no fucking idea what story they're trying to tell with Tamina and Natalya, unless it's a "Good Soldier" run for Tamina, who's been on the roster since 1973 and done very little of note to this point.

I find Seth Rollins so unwatchable that even the goodness that is Cesaro couldn't redeem this for me, but I get why the people that liked it liked it.

New Day went out of their way to make Omos look like a star, and they accomplished their mission. Well done.

Bayley deserves better.

There were probably 10-12 future Takeover main events in the Bunny costumes. 

That main event was everything you want in a sports entertainment. Just absolute masterful storytelling. Bianca BelAir is a STAAAAAAAAAAAAR, and props to Sasha for bringing her working boots. I still think she's overrated but she did a nice job here. I'll be curious to see how Podcast Prichard fucks up the latest in a long line of "can't miss" future stars.

Edited by just drew
  • Like 2

Drew/Lashley was good and had a nice crowd despite all the shitty build and breakup of the Hurt Business.

Tag Team turmoil was ok.

Cesaro/Rollins was nice and it was great to see Cesaro get a major win on Wrestlemania,

New Day vs. AJ/Omos was fun. Kind of loved how they built up Omos fuinally comign in and just how big a monster he is with how he took down New Day.

Braun/Shane happened. I guess Shane flying off the cage was neat. Still feels like they should have had something like Smackdown's fatal four way tag on instead.

Priest/Bunny vs. Miz/Morrison overdelivered. That was just a fun tag in general with a few nice surprises and moments worked in. Bunny looked better than expected though not good. Still dug his energy. Was great seeing Priest get a big match and moment in his first Wrestlemania.

Bianca/Sasha was fantastic. Loved all the strength and hair spots worked in. It was great seeing someone really help to showcase all of Bianca's strengths. Sasha as an arrogant heel is the best Sasha as well. So damn happy Bianca won though I kind of wish it end on that 450.

Good night 1. Hopefully night 2 delivers as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Snap reaction is that it's the best WrestleMania since WrestleMania XXXI. Hope night 2 keeps it up.

While that's not a terribly high bar this show greatly over delivered in terms of what I was expecting, mainly because besides the tag gauntlet the matches I thought would be bad were shockingly good.

• Like 1

Other random thoughts.  Bad Bunny did great.  Omos was low key perfect in his role.  And that main event was aces and a half.  The tag turmoil should of been on smackdown instead if you weren't putting over the Riot Squad. 

I did enjoy the new day basically playing heels until the omos tag then getting squashed even if i didn't want them to lose tonight cuz new day rocks.

• Like 1

Just now, sabremike said:

While that's not a terribly high bar this show greatly over delivered in terms of what I was expecting, mainly because besides the tag gauntlet the matches I thought would be bad were shockingly good.

Sometimes it's better to go in with low expectations than high. With the former anything other than is a bonus unlike the latter.

• Like 2

I was pleasantly surprised that Lashley went over in the main. It was a great match and actually fuckery-free.

The women's tag had some sloppy moments and having the only actual established team go on a streak only to lose the last fall was weak.

Cesaro/Rollins was match of the night and Cesaro looking great while going over made the night a win in my book.

Omos looked really good in his debut and worked exactly like a guy of his stature should.

Credit to Miz and Morrison for carrying Bunny like they did, but that match was about twice as long as it needed to be.

I was expecting a lot worse from Shane/Braun.

The main event wasn't a classic, but I enjoyed it.