DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Wrestlemania Night 0 - 4/9/2021

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember when Edge was good at promos? 

Me neither. 

*shrugs* I honestly thought it was pretty good myself. 

That battle royal annoyed me seeing how much talent is squandered and not able to be on WM. 

• Like 2

I really liked the battle royal myself. Some nice moments for some mid/undercard talent. Happy Ali got to shine with the elimination of his two larger former stablemates. Could have done without the essential no-sell of the Kinshasa at the end, but happy to see Jey take his rightful place as King of the Job Guys. 

Lots of squandered talent, but that's just this company. I refuse to let myself get that worked up when I've long since stopped expecting better. 

• Like 4

Smackdown was actually a breeze to watch. And I say that having watched barely any complete weekly WWE TV shows since coronavirus hit. Good promo work from DB, Edge & Reigns, a couple of solid "pre-show" matches and some nice hype packages. Sami Zayn interrupting the Pauls' sparring session and getting locked out was terrific, as was Reigns coming to the ring and stealing Jey's thunder as soon as he won the battle royal.

I've had a migraine the past 24+ hours so I could only pay attention to so much last night.

Tag titles match was good though I'm a bit annoyed Roode/Ziggler retained as they are the least interesting team on Smackdown. 

Tamina/Nia was surprisingly solid while it lasted though it also felt kind of pointless.

Most of the promos were at least solid. Bryan, Edge, and Roman all delivered the goods, and their match really is the best built going into WrestleMania.

skipped the Andre battle royal 

Episode seemed dsolid enough