DVDVR Message Board

2021 General RIP Thread

odessasteps

He was 99 years old. Mere months short of getting a postcard off his Wife.

(nb: You get a postcard off the Queen if you live to 100 in the UK. Although obviously if any of us on here live to 100 we won't, because that's in like 54 years time and she's pretty old already).

• Like 2

Woah, BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 have wiped the planned scheduled programming for the Duke of Edinburgh's passing. Wall to wall coverage. Don't normally see them do that. 

Edited by The Natural

I'll hold my tongue about my feelings about the ol' Duke.  (and the fact that I am holding my tongue better let you know how I feel)

And if I have to, y'all do too.   It's bad enough I just had to merge three different threads.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Woah, BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 have wiped the planned scheduled programming for the Duke of Edinburgh's passing. Wall to wall coverage. Don't normally see them do that. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So few Apollo astronauts left

I just recently went over the list and wondered when the next human sets foot on the moon, if there will still be one of the Apollo veteran's left. Currently, there are 5 people alive, who have walked on the moon. I realize that there are plans for moon landings within the next couple of years (NASA plans a landing in October 2024, Russia and China have plans as well), but if those plans get shifted by a year or two, chances get bigger and bigger that none of those 85+ year-olds are still with us then.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Tawny Kitaen. Star of various 80s hair metal music videos, and the move Batchelor Party.

• Sad 2