DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Easter (Bad) Bunny - 4/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Skipped a lot and paid attention to only so much.

Drew's promo was nice enough before Bobby and Corbin interrupted.

Shelton & Cedric are still putting on good character work even with the shitty situation of them being exiled from Hurt Business. Honestly, watching them here makes it even more annoying this happened since it would have been a good story to work with later down the line with one or both challenging Bobby for the belt.

I dug how Rhea played with Asuka. I didn't like the unnecessary heel turn at the end.

3 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

So who's gonna tell the author of the story in the first post that Puerto Rico isn't its own country?

No one.  What's more likely is, like "irregardless" being made an actual term and "literally" being given its opposite definition, we'll see people gradually accept bullshit as fact and the world's dumbening will continue unabated.

15 minutes ago, nate said:

No one.  What's more likely is, like "irregardless" being made an actual term and "literally" being given its opposite definition, we'll see people gradually accept bullshit as fact and the world's dumbening will continue unabated.

Yes, "irregardless" being a word and the word "literally" being used to describe something figurative are two of my biggest pet peeves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Yes, "irregardless" being a word and the word "literally" being used to describe something figurative are two of my biggest pet peeves.

Actually since I read this about the word "literally" I am wondering: If I am describing something and I use the word "literally" but I also use the air quotes when I say it, do I threaten to create an infinite loop and rip open the space time continuum? 

• Haha 1

It's crazy to think that not too long ago we'd be talking more about the go-home show for the biggest show of the year.  Instead it just sounds like a whole lot of nothing.  Plus with the March Madness final going on I can't imagine a lot of people saw it live anyway (really did not expect Gonzaga to get their asses kicked like that)

Bizarrely enough, even Bad Bunny said it, in that same article:

... I brought it to Puerto Rico and everything was a problem ... Now I have it in the United States ...

It's actually a quirk amongst the Puerto Ricans I know.  They'll refer to themselves as both Americans and Puerto Ricans, and refer to PR as another country.  

This is especially prevalent among the Independence For PR community.  I do not know what Mr. Bunny's stance is on PR independence or statehood though.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

We're taking more about Puerto Rican sovereignty than the Wrestlemania card. Holy jumpin' fucking shit. 

Well if they didn't bungle things as bad as they did on the Raw side then that might have been a different story.  I mean sure there's going to be some good matches but the way they're getting there killed most of my interest in the show.  I guess Asuka/Rhea will be good but did I need more than just a contract signing/intense staring leading up to it?  Not really, but it sounds like that's what happened.  And the way they handled the Hurt Business stuff killed all interest in that title match for me.  So unfortunately due to them not helping themselves we're talking Puerto Rico which is something I wanted to look into anyway.

At least Smackdown has some matches I am kind of interested in otherwise I just wouldn't bother watching at all.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's crazy to think that not too long ago we'd be talking more about the go-home show for the biggest show of the year.  Instead it just sounds like a whole lot of nothing.  Plus with the March Madness final going on I can't imagine a lot of people saw it live anyway (really did not expect Gonzaga to get their asses kicked like that)

Were we? I recall the go home shows for the past few manias being pretty terrible/boring.

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Were we? I recall the go home shows for the past few manias being pretty terrible/boring.

Time moves so damn fast that I was thinking of Raws from years ago before it got truly terrible.  Should have phrased it better but there was a time where there was more of a discussion for at least decent stuff happening.

EDIT:  Okay, so the last go-home show that had a few pages of discussion was the 2018 one for WM34.  2019 only had three pages and last year was a wash due to the pandemic.  So while the past few Manias have been terrible/boring there was at least some level of discussion going back three years ago.  That to me sounds like it validated in some way the idea of it being not too long ago.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Did ... did that happen?

Unfortunately, I think this just referred to a squash by either of those teams, not a squash between the two teams. Correct me, if I'm wrong. Someday, it will though!