DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Justice For Sami - 4/2/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Jesus fuck, a Nigerian drum fight?  Seriously?

Since this angle is destined to be absurdly offensive, creative could at least have the common (in)decency to have Crews approach the ring for his WM match preceded by a host of Zamundan rose petal girls from Coming to America since he is a prince and all.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

They built for the women's tag titles as expected. Dug the little scene with Carmella & Billie.

Bianca/Carmella was nice while it lasted though it did feel like a waste to not save for a post WM feud.

Bryan/Jey was good once again. The post match stuff was a nice standing tall moment for Bryan. 

Unhinged Daniel Bryan was great to see. If there was a crowd I’m sure the place would’ve went wild. 

I want 2005 Bryan Danielson hooking fools in the Cattle-Mutilation and spitting in their mouths.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Jesus fuck, a Nigerian drum fight?  Seriously?

Since this angle is destined to be absurdly offensive, creative could at least have the common (in)decency to have Crews approach the ring for his WM match preceded by a host of Zamundan rose petal girls from Coming to America since he is a prince and all.

You know that if Russo was booking, this entire angle would just be a vehicle to get someone, anyone to say, "the royal penis is clean Your Highness" as a payoff.

• Haha 6

Remember before Edge debuted they had those promos of him as an Enigma type persona that appeared to be unhinged. Even in the Brood he was just a guy that didn't talk but stood with Gangel who had the coolest entrance. I don't know,  but it's funny to me that early in his career in WWF he wasn't anything that you would assume they were going for his Character, even the name Edge. Once he and Christian got to show their personality they were so over, they got to be probably the most relatable characters they had. Alot like those College kid or high-school senior character from a late 90s early 2000s teen movie. Then in the mid 2000s he became such a sleazy heel. Right now it seems like he's coming across as his on Edge like he could snap at any time but be articulate enough to explain his actions. Like he could do some dastardly things like he's done in the past like Conchairtos but Explain his actions.

I guess my point is I like how Edge turned this whole angle around. I'm not a fan of shoehorning people in angles especially for WrestleMania but all three have done a good job in their own right