DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2021

The Natural

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Was that That 70’s Guy or the Fat Chick Thriller?  Those kinda bleed together in my mind.

70's Guy.  

I kinda thought the Patridge Family bus would give that away. 

• Like 2

Tip of the hat to the Wikipedia editor who wrote the entry on this period in Awesome’s career.

At the conclusion of the match, Mike Awesome-Bombed Shaggy 2 Dope onto the roof of the bus. However, the slippery metal surface gave yield to Dope's lithe, supple frame and he fell tragically to the concrete below.[15]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Probably just shouting out his friend.

Nobody talked about either BTE or the Sammy vlog this week, so I will. BTE was better than the last few weeks, because there was no Good Brothers segment and Kenny cut an actual serious promo about why his character has changed (and trying to persuade the Bucks to stop being so fancy).

Sammys vlog had a really great Dustin Rhodes pep talk to Fuego Del Sol, Alan Angels trying to recruit Danny Limelight to join his boyband, and Negative One getting everyone to say hello. Including Christian Cage, who hadn't appeared on either vlog yet (neither has Sting). 

The Uno says/Stu says sketch was top notch. BTE seems to be shorter and shorter each week, with more and more filler from Dynamite. I am all for some bleed over of angles and callbacks from time to time, but I think it should be a one way street. Nobody watches BTE for Dynamite recaps. 

Sammy's vlog has been the MVP the last few weeks due to humanizing and fleshing out some of the folks that we only see on Dark. Five's dad sounds like he is from my neck of the woods. Fuego has to have one of the most genuine and infectious personalities. He seems fun to be around. I'm not sure how he kept it together when Dustin lingered on the kiss though. Christian seemed a bit lost at the concept of "Sammy's vlog", but I will chalk that up to loud surroundings. Matt Hardy's "I thought you'd never ask" was awesome. Good to see that he and Sammy don't have any lingering heat or resentment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First Sammy vlog I saw was when he did the one-chip challenge with a couple people and I've been on board since.  The guy definitely is a cocky motherfucker but also seems like an incredibly nice guy as well.  Glad to see him be a face as I think it'll help propel him even further in his career.

Also, I can't help it but that dumb-ass intro makes me laugh every time.

Omega has a really nice easy, calm, funny manner when hosting the Games show. Seems a bit awkward-in-his-own-skin when he's hamming it up on Dynamite. Be nice if he could capture that vibe.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

So should I start the Samoa Joe to Team Taz rumor or wait for someone else to do it

Here’s hoping Joe doesn’t end up with a dick on his face this time.

• Haha 2

Wait wait wait. What did I miss?

EDIT: Oh shit. Both Joe AND Billie Kay released? I would sign both in a heartbeat. I know the roster is bloated already, but Samoa Joe is a legendary talent and Billie Kay is outstanding. If Dustin and others could turn Britt, Tay, and others into better wrestlers, then I say give Billie Kay a shot.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1