DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2021

The Natural

23 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

imEC5jY.jpg

I'd love to see Rina Yamashita in AEW!

I saw a motherfucker get color on Rina with a knife at a Christmas themed show.

I am not sure if the American audiences are ready for Rina Yamashita just yet. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

AEW has a locker room full of veterans and I wish AEW would do a better job of pairing up their bluechip talent them. I think a better use of someone like Powerhouse Hobbs or Bear Country would be working weekly with Christian, SCU, Dustin, and Billy Gunn rather than having all these guys working squahes on youtube. Maybe this could be the format for the second TV show if it ever happenes

25 minutes ago, zendragon said:

AEW has a locker room full of veterans and I wish AEW would do a better job of pairing up their bluechip talent them. I think a better use of someone like Powerhouse Hobbs or Bear Country would be working weekly with Christian, SCU, Dustin, and Billy Gunn rather than having all these guys working squahes on youtube. Maybe this could be the format for the second TV show if it ever happenes

There really needs to be at least one brand new (to TV) person in a match every week on Dynamite. Unlike the 90s we aren't looking at a bunch of people who have had to work within the parameters of a network program in AEW. This isn't a bad thing but something people overlook too often. You can't just go from, say, some PWG show to national television without adjustments. The sooner the greener members of the roster get TV experience, the better.

• Like 1

Probably just shouting out his friend.

Nobody talked about either BTE or the Sammy vlog this week, so I will. BTE was better than the last few weeks, because there was no Good Brothers segment and Kenny cut an actual serious promo about why his character has changed (and trying to persuade the Bucks to stop being so fancy).

Sammys vlog had a really great Dustin Rhodes pep talk to Fuego Del Sol, Alan Angels trying to recruit Danny Limelight to join his boyband, and Negative One getting everyone to say hello. Including Christian Cage, who hadn't appeared on either vlog yet (neither has Sting).

• Like 1

I was surprised there wasn't discussion about at least BTE.  I know the tag last week was frowned upon by many but I think they did what they could to have it make more sense.  I'm not sure I would have Bucks drop whatever without at least explaining it on Dynamite.  But whether it works or not I see where they're going with it.

And Sammy's vlog is pretty weird at times but I find at times liking that more than BTE.  It has more of a laid back vibe where the crew just fucks around and it's less about adding context to the main stories.

The last few weeks of BTE have really fallen off. The two weeks before this one felt like phoning it in because they were about 15 minutes and 10 minutes each. This week had a way too long segment with Nyla, Vickie, and that other dude. Those bits are the ones I like the least. The Kenny and Bucks stuff felt a little more like pre-AEW BTE.

One thing I really miss is the BTE championship being defended on fucking BTE and not Sammy's Vlog. His vlog is pretty weird, but it's been more BTE-ish than BTE lately. I'd rather see some of that stuff be moved back to BTE.

• Like 2

The writing was on the wall the second she was hired.  And her being lost in matches plus the Rosa match is what did her in.

EDIT: Fuck it, good riddance to her. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

1 hour ago, MrKothoga said:

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

What would be the give or take mathematical odds of an asshole running into other assholes all day? *paging Prof. Steiner*

Hoo boy...Ivelise is really digging herself into a hole saying she's not guilty of anything, Rosa is unprofessional, AEW and other big promotions are plagued by politics, saying it's because she's a minority that this happened, etc.

She's an idiot.

"Fightful has reached out to AEW in the past for an official comment on Ivelisse's status, and have reached out to Ivelisse for more context on her tweet. As far back as March 20, Fightful was told by talent that Ivelisse would likely not remain with the company. When we reached out to Ivelisse, she said "I spoke up about mistreatment from a Coach, even to other women too, there were witnesses and I was the one suspended and left in limbo and just now let go, and nothing has been done at all the entire time about Thunder Rosa slandering my name the entire time in AEW and doing everything to sabotage my position there. I kept quiet. Thunder Rosa also has a history of getting involved with officials in order to get ahead which there was a lawsuit and everything in LU""

Sad, I always liked Ivelisse and hope she would finally find some success in AEW but it didn't last long despite the women's tag tournament win.