DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2021

The Natural

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:
  Hide contents

So this makes sense. Hopefully they feature him heavily while he's here and not hide him on Dark/Elevation.

AWESOME!

On 4/11/2021 at 9:22 AM, zendragon said:

I hope Kingston on commentary is sort of a trial run. I think the second TNT show could be good if the pulled either JR or Schavonie off and used Tazz/Jericho/Kingston as rotating color men 

I'm all for replacing Ross on all shows.  You could pull JR off Dynamite and replace him with a JR Soundboard and nobody would notice.  I mean you could rip his commentary from any old WWE Playstation game and use that.  Seriously, most of the time he's screaming JR cliches or generic stuff like "THAT WAS ALL IMPACT! or WHAT A SCINTILLATING <move name>!!!"  I'm sure he's kept around because he's the voice of wrestling for a generation of casuals, so there's a perception he's some kind of draw, but god damn he adds nothing.

Scheduled for Elevation tonight (spoilerizing based on previous spoilers):

Spoiler

On a side note, has Wrestling Twitter ever mentioned how funny they are? I've lost count of all the DURR HURR HIS NAME IS TAKE A SHIT jokes since Friday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I'm all for replacing Ross on all shows.  You could pull JR off Dynamite and replace him with a JR Soundboard and nobody would notice.  I mean you could rip his commentary from any old WWE Playstation game and use that.  Seriously, most of the time he's screaming JR cliches or generic stuff like "THAT WAS ALL IMPACT! or WHAT A SCINTILLATING <move name>!!!"  I'm sure he's kept around because he's the voice of wrestling for a generation of casuals, so there's a perception he's some kind of draw, but god damn he adds nothing.

I actually think JR and Jericho have played well off each other. JR and Tazz where always good when they would work together. But Dynamite has to many announcers with no clear roles

Takeshita looked great on Elevation. They brought out Excalibur to serve as the Iron Mike Tenay role. 

Danny Limelight would do well to keep some of his offense simpler and less contrived. He's clearly got some skill but too many weird botches/moments of hesitation because he does too much.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Takeshita looked great on Elevation. They brought out Excalibur to serve as the Iron Mike Tenay role. 

Danny Limelight would do well to keep some of his offense simpler and less contrived. He's clearly got some skill but too many weird botches/moments of hesitation because he does too much.

Takeshita is awesome.  If Khan is just bringing folks over that I want to see,  bring over Miyuki Takase!  YES!

• Like 1

Fellow Actwresler Ayumi "WASSHOI" Hayashi just made her Chocopro debut and is incredibly charismatic. She's like 2021's Sakura Hirota (the highest of praise). They should definitely use micro Joshi promotion talent once travel becomes easier/safer. Rina Yamashita doing deathmatches on Elevation would be cool too. Matsumoto never followed up her WWE appearances and she absolutely rules.

I know dudes stay loyal to their home promotions but Takeshita and Endo are clearly guys that could excel in America, particularly Konosuke with his size. He made a competitive squash riveting because of how much sauce he puts on everything.

• Like 1

That Omega/Takeshita/Nakazawa segment. ? Omega made it sound like he was going to tag with Takeshita to take on the Sydal brothers, but then revealed that Konosuke would be tagging with Nakazawa. Hopefully we get Omega and Takeshita vs. the Sydals after Nakazawa inevitably gets pinned next week. Also liked how Kenny pointed out how DDT helped get him started in Japan only to say they owed him a favour. Consistent.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That Omega/Takeshita/Nakazawa segment. ? Omega made it sound like he was going to tag with Takeshita to take on the Sydal brothers, but then revealed that Konosuke would be tagging with Nakazawa. Hopefully we get Omega and Takeshita vs. the Sydals after Nakazawa inevitably gets pinned next week. Also liked how Kenny pointed out how DDT helped get him started in Japan only to say they owed him a favour. Consistent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, El Gran Gordi said:

imEC5jY.jpg

I'd love to see Rina Yamashita in AEW!

I don’t know...AEW has a lot of bald wrestlers with beards already.

If I can be serious for a minute...

What is Hideki Nishida/HAYATE doing lately?  AEW needs some Monkey Magic~!

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
With some name dropping...I had to mention a sentimental DDT/MPro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leyla Hirsch and Shanna has the potential to be the tidy little undercard blood feud if the book gives them a three match series.  I was digging the post match trash talk from Leyla and the "I'll get you next time, bitch!" from Shanna.

I thought that the Caillou Effect would eventually make me hate -1 but it hasn't.  It warms my heart how the AEW locker room continues to provide the kid with an extended family.

• Like 1