DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Meanwhile - the absolute fucking worst - how is this guy still employed?

You know how sad it is that I read this and can think of a few people this can apply to?  But let's just say that I hope karma bites him hard and leave it at that.

I would need to see proof about Kross being part of this as I hope that's not true.  I know @Tromatagonis friends in some way with him and I though the guy was awesome to talk to.  If this is true then this will bum me out and make me reconsider some thing about him.

Also, with Drake wearing an NXT shirt I wonder if that would get him in further hot water.  Maybe not but I'm all for whatever boots him out of there.  EDIT:  Whoops, didn't know SturmCRF mentioned this part earlier.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

It's not just him wearing his NXT shirt on that conference call, it was doing the call from the PC.

This obviously goes one of two ways: He gets fired or it drives Vince to learn what Q is and then we get someone with a Q gimmick.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

I saw two of those last night on Dark. Well, except Alan Angels only did five punches in the corner. But then he is Dark Order number 5. But Janela did the Scoop Slam as a 'check out this big move' move.

O-Kharn in NJPW is using the torture rack on occasion I think.

I believe I saw an atomic drop in one of the AEW Dark matches last week.

7 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Who's going to be the first promoter to book Drake to do a deathmatch after he gets fired by WWE, and why is it going to be Ian Rotten?

Does IWA: Deep South still run? Those guys seemed nutty enough to to get in before Ian.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Does IWA: Deep South still run? Those guys seemed nutty enough to to get in before Ian.

Fuck, I completely spaced on them. I saw they have some sort of show scheduled for the summer, and from things I have read about the guy that runs IWA Deep South, he actually probably would try to do some sort of shitty angle tying in all the Q stuff. 

• Like 1

Here's one way to make me not care a single bit about you after you leave WWE:

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/andrade-vs-alberto-el-patron-match-announced-july-340021

Andrade’s first match post-WWE has been announced for July.

Andrade confirmed on Instagram this morning that he would be facing Alberto El Patron in July for Nacion Lucha Libre in McAllen, Texas. Patron had also said in an interview with Super Luchas on April 27 that a match between the two would happen on July 31.  

The article in Super Luchas also listed Kalisto, Primo, Epico, Cinta de Oro (Sin Cara), Hijo de Dos Caras, Hijo de Dr. Wagner, Blue Demon Jr., and Sexy Dulce as appearing on the card.

Since being released by WWE earlier this year, Andrade has teased returning to wrestling, showing a picture of himself signing a contract on Instagram. Unlike other releases, he does not have a 90-day no compete clause.

El Patron is currently scheduled to stand trial on May 3 on charges of of aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault following an incident in May of 2020. He has not wrestled for any major wrestling promotion since.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Just a random wrestling related thought. What moves did you see a lot growing up that have pretty much disappeared these days?

Some that I thought of when the topic flitted by randomly:

Atomic Knee Drop (back or front)

10 punch in the corner (doesn't help with no crowds, currently)

Scoop-type slams.

Argentine backbreaker (Lex Luger's Torture Rack)

Enzuigiri

I can't remember the last time I someone do a Canadian Backbreaker 

So Preston City Wrestling announced their first two shows back, and one of them is right local to me. Only Bram is in the poster so I ain't going.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm desperately going to try not to veer into politics territory here...

It's not a stretch or anything, but I have long thought that there's a lot of overlap with Q believers/MAGA folks/proud boys/etc and those with mental illness or poor education. This additional story about Drake seems to confirm that?

Either way, it's sad because you can tell from stories about the guy that he wasn't always like this. And from a lot of stories I've heard from others into this shit, they weren't always into this shit either.

• Like 3

The major problem with Drake now is that he is doing this shit under the guise that the WWE or specifically NXT has his full support.  I mean doing this zoom call backstage at a TV taping should show that.    And the bad thing is that they probably do.   Given how dangerous a rabbit hole he is getting in, when he does go January 6th on something the chances are he will do it wearing a WWE piece of merchandise.  Then the real problem begins.  

I would have hoped that Bix would at least share that with sponsors so they know what's going on unless he's relying on others to get the word out.  But of all the fucked up things going on in that company this is IMO a high priority situation where something has to be done.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You know how sad it is that I read this and can think of a few people this can apply to?  But let's just say that I hope karma bites him hard and leave it at that.

I would need to see proof about Kross being part of this as I hope that's not true.  I know @Tromatagonis friends in some way with him and I though the guy was awesome to talk to.  If this is true then this will bum me out and make me reconsider some thing about him.

Also, with Drake wearing an NXT shirt I wonder if that would get him in further hot water.  Maybe not but I'm all for whatever boots him out of there.  EDIT:  Whoops, didn't know SturmCRF mentioned this part earlier.

Yeah they went to a meeting or event or something together so Kross is getting lumped in (hopefully).  Telling his side of the story (and I don't know what it is but hope it's distancing himself FAR away from this) would hopefully clear this shit up.  He's shot down accusations of racism and shit before.

I don't think he's like Drake at all from all the times he's talked to our podcast hosts on and off air and I this Drake shit is gross.

I could be wrong but I hope not?  Does that make sense?

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah they went to a meeting or event or something together so Kross is getting lumped in.  Telling his side of the story (and I don't know what it is) would hopefully clear this shit up.  He's shot down accusations of racism and shit before.

I don't think he's like Drake at all from all the times he's talked to our podcast on and off airn and I this Drake shit is gross.

I could be wrong but I hope not?  Does that make sense?

Thanks, dude and I hope you're not wrong either.  I've been fond of the guy and it would really bum me out if there was something to this.  For now I'm in a wait-and-see mode but I think with Drake being the bigger focus there might not be as much talk about Kross.

I just woke up from a series of really wild dreams, but probably the weirdest was being the manager for a match between Nick Gage and Jerry Lawler. Then I was gonna set up Gage vs. Cornette, until Gage ran away in a van, threw a grenade that blew a rectangular hole in the ground that I drove over and didn't fall into somehow, and was promptly chased by metallic falcon drones. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just woke up from a series of really wild dreams, but probably the weirdest was being the manager for a match between Nick Gage and Jerry Lawler. Then I was gonna set up Gage vs. Cornette, until Gage ran away in a van, threw a grenade that blew a rectangular hole in the ground that I drove over and didn't fall into somehow, and was promptly chased by metallic falcon drones. 

I just had a trawl through Lawler’s cagematch database, just to make sure Gage v Lawler hadn’t happened on GCW or some other random indie show.  I mean it SEEMS like it could have happened.  The closest I could find was Lawler v Mance Warner.

Lawler’s match history on there is wild particularly over the last few years.  I didn’t know that this match from September 2020 existed, but I am curious as hell to see it:

Thunderdome Steel Cage Six Man Tag Team Match

in 2020!!!

• Like 1

The show that had Lawler vs Mancer also had Orange Cassidy vs Gangrel and Nick Gage vs Effy. It was one of those "Run an indy show the night before a PPV in the same city" deals, only it was Chicago and an AEW PPV.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I would have hoped that Bix would at least share that with sponsors so they know what's going on unless he's relying on others to get the word out.  But of all the fucked up things going on in that company this is IMO a high priority situation where something has to be done.

Bix has half the internet on block, so I'm not sure he actually *can* tag sponsors.

• Like 4