DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I read that Karrion Kross was photographed at one of these maybe a little too extremist for their own good events with Wuertz.  I am shocked, I say shocked, that the bald white musclehead with a Molon Labe tattoo would hold such beliefs.

@Ryanmight be right.  Wuertz, Kross, Ryker, and whichever one of the Viking Raiders is a just little too into the "viking" shit would make a fine stable.  Of course, Vince would make them babyfaces.

That would be disappointing if true about Kross. I've been friends on his personal FB page for a good 5-6 years and I can't recall that he's posted/shared anything that really stood out as extremist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm guessing that Drake Wuertz will be fired by the end of the week. I don't see how this isn't going to be the last straw for that fucking idiot.

You'd hope so, surely going on his delusional rant while wearing his official company uniform would be enough. I'm sick of seeing his face, NXT is the only WWE show I can usually sit through in full but he puts a damper on the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I got a fever and felt like garbage in general, but my neck was already messed up too. I haven't had the flu since I was like 10, so I forgot what having a fever felt like. It sucks. That was a fun few days, but it beats two weeks or more and possible death. I drank a lot of water too. My body basically absorbed it as fast as I drank it.

Oh i know some folks who have had shitty shot#2 but was throwing out that some folks have had no issues.  Mom is 70.  And drinks a gallon of water a day.  Lol

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Meanwhile - the absolute fucking worst - how is this guy still employed?

You know how sad it is that I read this and can think of a few people this can apply to?  But let's just say that I hope karma bites him hard and leave it at that.

I would need to see proof about Kross being part of this as I hope that's not true.  I know @Tromatagonis friends in some way with him and I though the guy was awesome to talk to.  If this is true then this will bum me out and make me reconsider some thing about him.

Also, with Drake wearing an NXT shirt I wonder if that would get him in further hot water.  Maybe not but I'm all for whatever boots him out of there.  EDIT:  Whoops, didn't know SturmCRF mentioned this part earlier.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

It's not just him wearing his NXT shirt on that conference call, it was doing the call from the PC.

This obviously goes one of two ways: He gets fired or it drives Vince to learn what Q is and then we get someone with a Q gimmick.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

I saw two of those last night on Dark. Well, except Alan Angels only did five punches in the corner. But then he is Dark Order number 5. But Janela did the Scoop Slam as a 'check out this big move' move.

O-Kharn in NJPW is using the torture rack on occasion I think.

I believe I saw an atomic drop in one of the AEW Dark matches last week.

7 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Who's going to be the first promoter to book Drake to do a deathmatch after he gets fired by WWE, and why is it going to be Ian Rotten?

Does IWA: Deep South still run? Those guys seemed nutty enough to to get in before Ian.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Does IWA: Deep South still run? Those guys seemed nutty enough to to get in before Ian.

Fuck, I completely spaced on them. I saw they have some sort of show scheduled for the summer, and from things I have read about the guy that runs IWA Deep South, he actually probably would try to do some sort of shitty angle tying in all the Q stuff. 

• Like 1

Here's one way to make me not care a single bit about you after you leave WWE:

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/andrade-vs-alberto-el-patron-match-announced-july-340021

Andrade’s first match post-WWE has been announced for July.

Andrade confirmed on Instagram this morning that he would be facing Alberto El Patron in July for Nacion Lucha Libre in McAllen, Texas. Patron had also said in an interview with Super Luchas on April 27 that a match between the two would happen on July 31.  

The article in Super Luchas also listed Kalisto, Primo, Epico, Cinta de Oro (Sin Cara), Hijo de Dos Caras, Hijo de Dr. Wagner, Blue Demon Jr., and Sexy Dulce as appearing on the card.

Since being released by WWE earlier this year, Andrade has teased returning to wrestling, showing a picture of himself signing a contract on Instagram. Unlike other releases, he does not have a 90-day no compete clause.

El Patron is currently scheduled to stand trial on May 3 on charges of of aggravated kidnapping and sexual assault following an incident in May of 2020. He has not wrestled for any major wrestling promotion since.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Just a random wrestling related thought. What moves did you see a lot growing up that have pretty much disappeared these days?

Some that I thought of when the topic flitted by randomly:

Atomic Knee Drop (back or front)

10 punch in the corner (doesn't help with no crowds, currently)

Scoop-type slams.

Argentine backbreaker (Lex Luger's Torture Rack)

Enzuigiri

I can't remember the last time I someone do a Canadian Backbreaker 

So Preston City Wrestling announced their first two shows back, and one of them is right local to me. Only Bram is in the poster so I ain't going.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm desperately going to try not to veer into politics territory here...

It's not a stretch or anything, but I have long thought that there's a lot of overlap with Q believers/MAGA folks/proud boys/etc and those with mental illness or poor education. This additional story about Drake seems to confirm that?

Either way, it's sad because you can tell from stories about the guy that he wasn't always like this. And from a lot of stories I've heard from others into this shit, they weren't always into this shit either.

• Like 3