DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

20 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

What did he order?

@Nice Guy Eddie saw Joe Dimaggio at Dinky Donuts once. 

Probably the keto bowl or some such boring shit. 

It's funny, I've gotten the keto bowl twice and felt sick to my stomach both times afterward.  I eat their burritos with the same ingredients and feel fine.  Maybe rice and tortillas have some sort of calming effect.  We need to science the shit out of this to find out.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Probably the keto bowl or some such boring shit. 

It's funny, I've gotten the keto bowl twice and felt sick to my stomach both times afterward.  I eat their burritos with the same ingredients and feel fine.  Maybe rice and tortillas have some sort of calming effect.  We need to science the shit out of this to find out.

It's because cauliflower rice and the other stuff turn your intestines and bowels into a water slide.

I've gotten the keto bowl a few times. Only once was the bowl not filled with water. Every other time it looked like they didn't use a slotted spoon to add the cauliflower rice to the bowl and the whole thing looked like soup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's because cauliflower rice and the other stuff turn your intestines and bowels into a water slide.

I've gotten the keto bowl a few times. Only once was the bowl not filled with water. Every other time it looked like they didn't use a slotted spoon to add the cauliflower rice to the bowl and the whole thing looked like soup.

AW YOU FANCY

The Chipotle by me doesn't even have cauliflower rice!  The keto bowl is just lettuce, salsa, chicken, cheese, and guac.

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

AW YOU FANCY

The Chipotle by me doesn't even have cauliflower rice!  The keto bowl is just lettuce, salsa, chicken, cheese, and guac.

Hah, then it's probably the e.coli or listeria from the lettuce.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

EC3 revealed on Instagram that he's in the hospital with an infection and has been for the last five days. 

I wonder if he got Rhabdo from overtraining. That became a thing for awhile in the early crossfit craze a few years ago. 

"My contract is up soon. We need to figure out what's a good balance between home life and wrestling. I never want to stop wrestling, I love it, it's just figuring that out," he said.

When asked if he could wrestle elsewhere, Bryan said, "It'd be interesting if I could wrestle in different companies and WWE. That's something I'm trying to weasel my way into right now. [laughs]"

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/daniel-bryan-i-m-trying-weasel-my-way-wrestling-wwe-and-other-companies

Waiting for the PL to start, I've finally ventured into Peacock's WWE stuff to see what's there WCW-wise. Not much, as it turns out, but I've settled on a run of WCW Saturday Nights from 1993. 

Other than observations I've made before (southern WCW crowds from '90 - '94 are ideal wrestling crowds, I would absolutely follow a major company that had the ethos of WCW in 1992), I must say that I feel melancholy here knowing that Steamboat is in the last year-plus of his career. I think Steamboat's 1992-1993 are my favorite of his career, which is going to be a fringe opinion, I know. 

But man, we got robbed of forty-something Ricky Steamboat adapting to his loss of athleticism by becoming the grizzled vet who can sell an asswhooping like nobody's business from underneath before finding a glimpse of his peak to fire back and give himself a shot to win. 

• Like 6

Watching their Saturday Night stuff from '92 and '93 I will say that I really loved the crowd.  When they were into it they were fun to watch and it was hard to not get into them chanting "Whoop, there it is!" among other things.  But I do think not having a lot of their stuff especially Nitro is by design.  I'm sure it'll be added back before August but I could really go for checking it out.

• Like 1

Joan Cone and 8 other high up talent relation workers were let go this week. Wondering if this will be made public or not WWE did something similar last year and let the majority of their tech team go. It made sense then as many of the guys had to travel to and set up things at the arenas.  More cost cutting at the top.  Dream and Kevin Dunn still have jobs though.  ?

17 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I remember there was a story about how a woman approached West Indian cricketer Joel Garner in a bar and asked if everything was in proportion (he was 7 foot tall), and he looked at her and said "lady, if it were, I'd be 9 feet tall".

Posts like this are why Rippa needs to give us the “confused' emoji back.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I didn't have my coffee when I initially read that so at first I thought it said Joel Gertner.  Whoops. 

It's a story about a man indirectly saying that his penis is so large, he'd have to be two inches taller to be proportionally-sized. 

It's an honest mistake. 

16 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

It's a story about a man indirectly saying that his penis is so large, he'd have to be two inches taller to be proportionally-sized. 

It's an honest mistake. 

If not for knowing all the details that is so something Gertner would have said anyway.

7 minutes ago, D.Z said:

"WWE Names Chris Legentil Head of Global Communications, Scott Zanghellini Head of Revenue Strategy and Developments" from corporate WWE.com.

Today we will find out about their Q1 earnings and results.

https://www.equities.com/news/world-wrestling-entertainment-wwe-gains-0-64-for-april-21

while letting go 8 other top Talent relations officials.  Oh and sending Mickie James her belongings in a trash bag.  Billion dollar company and they send it in a trash bag. Seriously fuck that company. I'l always love the old WWF but what they have become is nothing more than a corporation like Amazon, Wal-Mart, Disney, who gives 0 fucks about their talent or fans.   

It was a good run while it lasted. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Morganti said:

2 FEET taller, not inches... 2 feet. which makes it even more hillarious

Yeah, my bad. My brain just automatically posted the likely reality rather than the jokey fantasy.