DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

2 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I'm pretty sure Bischoff used to say that about Prince Iaukea but that doesn't fit all of your criteria. 

I almost wanna say it's Manu, who was picking up a lot of steam around that time working the eastern Indies and WXW (I remember a going to a couple indy shows and seeing him and thinking he has a bright future head of him.  But looking at it, looks like he did do a stint in WWE but never amounted to anything.

• Like 3

Just now, Raziel said:

I almost wanna say it's Manu, who was picking up a lot of steam around that time working the eastern Indies and WXW (I remember a going to a couple indy shows and seeing him and thinking he has a bright future head of him.  But looking at it, looks like he did do a stint in WWE but never amounted to anything.

I think you're right! Yeah, I think it was Manu. Nearly everything lines up and I also forgot about that short stint in WWE with Legacy. The only other thing I thought was that he did have a run in AJPW or something, but I may be mixing that up with Mossman.

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Bray's shorts with either the APA "Always Pound Ass" or Sin Cara's "My body is a giant cock" TShirt for the ultimate WWE fan apparel bingo.

For a brief, shining moment, I forgot about the Sin Cara shirt and reading it in quotation marks made me think he had a shirt that had his photo and the caption "My body is a giant cock" and I was trying to figure what had happened there and then it all clicked. But it gave me a good chuckle thinking about this poorly-executed mythical catchphrase

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, caley said:

For a brief, shining moment, I forgot about the Sin Cara shirt and reading it in quotation marks made me think he had a shirt that had his photo and the caption "My body is a giant cock" and I was trying to figure what had happened there and then it all clicked. But it gave me a good chuckle thinking about this poorly-executed mythical catchphrase

If you look at the entire history of Paul Wight's WWE shirts, the number of them that allude to him having a giant cock are quite ridiculous. Big All Over, Chicks Dig It Big, I Honestly Have a Massive Knob, loads of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If you look at the entire history of Paul Wight's WWE shirts, the number of them that allude to him having a giant cock are quite ridiculous. Big All Over, Chicks Dig It Big, I Honestly Have a Massive Knob, loads of them.

Did Paul Wight ever have a non-embarassing shirt? I own a Steve Blackman shirt  and tons of corny WWF crap but I remember everything Show had was so stupid.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Point made, but c'mon, you obviously made that second one up entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, StevieNippz said:

Did Paul Wight ever have a non-embarassing shirt? I own a Steve Blackman shirt  and tons of corny WWF crap but I remember everything Show had was so stupid.

He had a shirt that just said "Big Nasty Bastard" on it. I remember one of my buddies who is just a casual fan at best got a kick out of that shirt and actually went to a couple of RAWs with me in Miami in 99/00 to find it.

• Like 1

I'm stunned nobody in WWE has tried to give Cesaro a ladies man gimmick to try and take advantage of all the backstage talk about "Big Dick Tony".

I could 100% see them doing vignettes of him pressing bikini models over his head, speaking French/Italian/Swedish to woo a lady etc

That or Vince finds out that Sweden was old Viking territory and decides that the Eric & Ivar need a 3rd member...

4 hours ago, StevieNippz said:

I think he probably stopped caring once he realised that, whenever he agreed to a new merch design for his new babyface push, he'd be turned heel before they'd actually go on sale.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AxB said:

P0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

I'm stunned nobody in WWE has tried to give Cesaro a ladies man gimmick to try and take advantage of all the backstage talk about "Big Dick Tony".

I could 100% see them doing vignettes of him pressing bikini models over his head, speaking French/Italian/Swedish to woo a lady etc

That or Vince finds out that Sweden was old Viking territory and decides that the Eric & Ivar need a 3rd member...

Was that kind of what they did when he was Aksana’s rugby playing boyfriend Antonio Cesaro? 

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Well, they did refer to him as the human horse in PWG ...

53 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

ECIII is in the hospital possibly for something serious...and the next two posts are random dick jokes...   Come on, assholes...pay attention.

And what exactly is the appropriate message board mourning period before resuming regular dick jokes for "possibly something serious"?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

ECIII is in the hospital possibly for something serious...and the next two posts are random dick jokes...   Come on, assholes...pay attention.

Do we know what kind of infection it is? Can we tie the two topics together?

Seriously though; Vince fucked EC3 something shocking so I hope he got paid and is back on his feet ASAP.