DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

Sasha is a Wrestlers Wrestler at the end of day. She's a student of the Game. She follows Rob Naylors Instagram, I see her liking his classic wrestling posts. 

She's a big fan of Bret Hart too so she knows if you're going to lose, lose making your opponent looking like a million bucks as well as yourself.

I think Sasha finally got what she felt like she deserved. She got a long enough title run, which she should have gotta a while ago. She got to have a program with someone lower lower on the card regardless of whether the angle was good or not leading up to Mania. On top of all that, she got to Main Event WrestleMania with another Black wrestler. What more could you ask for? 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Sasha is proof that being "mark for the business" isn't a bad thing if you understand the work to be in the business 

I have to think next year is her redemption to being 0-6 at WM.  

Arn was a mark for the business. Austin was a mark for the business. You don't need to be to succeed, but I think some of why Kurt Angle is lacking in selling and psychology is because he wasn't.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Sasha is proof that being "mark for the business" isn't a bad thing if you understand the work to be in the business 

Maybe she is but that division needed people kicking and screaming to get where they are now. I don't know whether you'd consider the Bellas Marks for the business because they didn't grow up in it but I'm sure they have a love and passion for it closer to a Becky or Sasha now.

Alot of those women prior to the Women's Evolution were fighting to get even close to enough as the Men got in the ring and alot of them were the Johnny Ace swimsuit calender models that were recruited.

That whole locker room of Women wanted a fair chance. You can't really blame them for trying to knock the door down. Sometimes you need a Stone Cold or a Hulk Hogan that has to problem with saying,  "That Doesn't work for Me Brother" instead of just going along with everything. I think today for the most part the locker room is alot less selfish. It's Wrestling, deep down mostly everyone wants to be that guy/girl

Edited by Ziggy

On 4/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, twiztor said:

i have never seen a Davey Richards match. i know him from two things: that GIF, and the "inside a steel Davey Richards" post from gods know how many years ago.

Did it go something like: "We take wrestling seriously makes me think of Davey Richards vs Davey Richards in a Davey Richards On A Pole match, Inside a Steel Davey Richards?" I don't recall the exact wording, but the gist of it was something to that effect.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Did it go something like: "We take wrestling seriously makes me think of Davey Richards vs Davey Richards in a Davey Richards On A Pole match, Inside a Steel Davey Richards?" I don't recall the exact wording, but the gist of it was something to that effect.

That's it.  I think it developed over a few back-and-forths.  It was someone's sig for a while (Jae's, maybe?).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nate said:

That's it.  I think it developed over a few back-and-forths.  It was someone's sig for a while (Jae's, maybe?).

“‘We take wrestling seriously’ sounds like code for ‘Davey Richards vs. Davey Richards in a Davey Richards-on-a-pole match. Inside of a steel Davey Richards.’”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Official announcement of the announcing change

EDIT: Just realized I should give the TL:DR

New RAW Crew: Virk, Graves, Saxton

SDL Crew not officially announced

"Tom Phillips will become the new host of 205 Live and oversee special projects for WWE’s programming on Peacock and at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. Phillips also remains in his role of Senior Manager, On Air Talent.

Samoa Joe remains part of the WWE talent roster."

No - apparently he was cleared from concussion protocol awhile ago but it was the usual "don't have anything for you so keep announcing"

Moving him back to active wrestling with the usual "Post-Mania freshing" makes sense

Funnily - part of the reason he was announcing so long was because of how good he was at it and reportedly the WWE didn't want to move him

50 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Kind of disappointed Joe is seemingly done announcing. I thought he did well. Oddly enough I want to see Joe team with Roman. I just want them to wreck people.

Roman, Joe and the Usos as the Samoan Horsemen?

• Like 2