DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

It could be all that as you guys said, plus, imo Vince is a little too old now to be starting a multiple decade running feud that only he cares about.

In addition, he isn't the sole voice anymore. If he tried that shit now, he would be in so much hot water. So it's best to not even acknowledge anyone else. 

Y'all talking like Vince Mcmahon is some chill old dude happy with all his success and money, living out his days just enjoying every small bit of Red Bull and steak wrap... ? 

I loathe everything about WWE's corporate side but Namaste Vince as an onscreen character would legit get me to tune in. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

My favorite thing about this Jericho/Austin thing is that people on Reddit are freaking out because it obviously means Jericho hates AEW and wants to go back "home".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Y'all talking like Vince Mcmahon is some chill old dude happy with all his success and money, living out his days just enjoying every small bit of Red Bull and steak wrap... ? 

I loathe everything about WWE's corporate side but Namaste Vince as an onscreen character would legit get me to tune in. 

The real money is Vince living out his bucket list live on television each week.

The catch is it's Vince so at the end of the show, he tears it up and comes back with an entirely new one for next week. The concept sells itself.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

My favorite thing about this Jericho/Austin thing is that people on Reddit are freaking out because it obviously means Jericho hates AEW and wants to go back "home".

So silly... ALTHOUGH I'd be fine with him leaving AEW when his contract expires ?

Yeah, I think Jericho probably becomes a "special attraction" when his current contract is up. As long as we get the sweet, sweet dick kicking fiesta of violence that will assuredly be Inner Circle/Pinnacle.

2 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

So silly... ALTHOUGH I'd be fine with him leaving AEW when his contract expires ?

I can see the Christians, Paul Wights, and maybe Jerichos of the world I guess doing what the old de facto retired NFL and NBA vets do and sign a 1 day contract with WWE to say they retired while in WWE.

That said, I would not be surprised if next year, some of those same guys get permission to go into the WWE HoF since Tony purposely doesn't run shows during Wrestlemania weekend. I am not even sure this house show coming up counts because Jacksonville is bit a ways from Tampa. It's not like he's doing a show at Amalie Arena or some shit. 

• Like 2

Remember when Vince decided to publically announce he was putting The 4 Horsemen into the WWE HoF, only he didn't realise Flair was under TNA contract at the time? They had to let Christian Cage make a guest appearance on TNA's next PPV as a make good.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I can see the Christians, Paul Wights, and maybe Jerichos of the world I guess doing what the old de facto retired NFL and NBA vets do and sign a 1 day contract with WWE to say they retired while in WWE.

That said, I would not be surprised if next year, some of those same guys get permission to go into the WWE HoF since Tony purposely doesn't run shows during Wrestlemania weekend. I am not even sure this house show coming up counts because Jacksonville is bit a ways from Tampa. It's not like he's doing a show at Amalie Arena or some shit. 

Agreed all around. I like the idea of the Moxleys and Miros starting anew and hope more folks come in to do the same, but other older stars coming in briefly and bowing out gracefully is a wonderful use of their time. Shit, Jericho has elevated a LOT of folks in his time, and Sting has been doing the same. I'd be cool with seeing guys like Angle and Joe come in for brief runs, and fuck, D-Bry having a year or two as he calls it a day? PLEASE. I don't think of those potential signings the way I think of like Andrade and Tommy End.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I'd be cool with seeing guys like Angle and Joe come in for brief runs, and fuck, D-Bry having a year or two as he calls it a day? PLEASE.

With the way Coach Tony has been throwing cash around on such things, you just know that if Bryan came in...

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

wrestler A: "I want [Rival X] in a HELL IN A CELL!"

Namaste Vince: breathes deep, holds hands out palms-up "The real hell in a cell is the one that Attachment has caused you to build inside your own heart. What is hate and grudge anyway, but love perservering?  Ommmm...."

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Friday was the anniversary of Kanyon's passing, so I thought I'd share a pretty cool story about how I met him back in 1999.

I was a promoter/host at a nightclub in Toronto called Fluid, which was very popular with celebrities and athletes. One Wednesday night in early 99, I met Kanyon there, who was in town working on the Jesse Ventura movie they were filming at the time (the shot crowd footage for the movie at the first Nitro at the ACC). SUPER nice dude. Got to chat him up and have a drink, got to ask him "WHO BETTA THAN KANYON?" lol.

The same night, Test was also there. He was friends with some of the staff, I kind of knew him, not super tight but we always exchanged pleasantries when he was there. So I got Test and brought him over to Kanyon and they kicked it for a bit.  It was surreal to be with a WWF and WCW talent at the same time during the MNW. 

Both really good guys, both gone way too soon. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Definitely endorse this.

Would love to see them replace the dinosaur skull in his office for a cheap "Live Laugh Love" vinyl decal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

Vince banning the word “interesting” has me laughing.  I mean, “interesting” isn’t usually a word I’d use to describe modern WWE, but still....

I wonder what brought that one on? Reigns had started to get "interesting" crowd reactions at the time (if this is early in the year), but otherwise, WTF? Did someone call Vince's views on whatever "interesting" and someone else pointed out to him that it wasn't ment as a compliment?

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I could definitely see Jericho doing that, but not the other two. Based on his appearance on Renee's podcast, Wight absolutely has some sore feelings over how he was treated by the WWE. And Christian kept bolting every chance he got to sign somewhere he thought would give him a better opportunity, so I doubt he's as loyal as you think.

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

I wonder what brought that one on? Reigns had started to get "interesting" crowd reactions at the time (if this is early in the year), but otherwise, WTF? Did someone call Vince's views on whatever "interesting" and someone else pointed out to him that it wasn't ment as a compliment?

I seem to recall another one of these from 2011 or 2012ish which was a little more detailed, and I think it was on there too, so if I'm correct on that, then I don't think it was necessarily Roman focused but your second point may be on the money, who knows

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

Vince banning the word “interesting” has me laughing.  I mean, “interesting” isn’t usually a word I’d use to describe modern WWE, but still....

It feels like Vince just watched Matt Striker commentary and kept adding to the list "I'm marking out?! Add it to the list."

• Haha 2