DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Might be a hot take but I thought 'Monster' topped it

Fuck, that was a damn good one too. 

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I still don’t care for the matches, but the Running Up That Hill video package is one of the all time greats.

Yeah, that one ruled so much. Now y'all got me wanting to think of my top 5.  But for sentimental and other reasons this may still be my favorite. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Fuck you, I want that so bad now.

Hurt Business v Kurt Business at Mania thanks.

Might give Gable something to actually do now. Plus, you can build on Shelton being his opposition.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Might give Gable something to actually do now. Plus, you can build on Shelton being his opposition.

"Who's side is Shelton on?" is a great little story.

MVP, Alexander, Corbin
vs
Angle, Gable, Otis

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Might be a hot take but I thought 'Monster' topped it

Monster gets my vote:

After that Running up That Hill for Undertaker/Michaels at WrestleMania XXVI, My Way for Rock/Steve Austin at WrestleMania X-Seven and Miz's Hate Me Now at WrestleMania XXVII. 

One that hasn't been mentioned:

Paul Heyman's the standout.

• Like 1

The video packages for the late, great Eddie Guerrero and Mr. Brodie Lee. Eddie had two different ones on RAW and Smackdown set to Johnny Cash's "Hurt" and Three Doors Down "Here Without You". So glad I've kept the VHS live recordings because they were dubbed over in the prime time repeat. Good on Tony Khan buying the rights to Tom Waits’ “Ol’ 55" so Mr. Brodie Lee's will always remain unchanged. All three make me cry.

10 hours ago, D.Z said:

MVP said Hurt Business still exists and is open for new members.

You think Joe could be cleared an he joins and maybe they put most of the other guys back in and Bring in Naomi

• Like 2

“I was having a beer one night after my Broken Skull Sessions interview with The Undertaker aired, and out of the blue, Chris Jericho reached out and said, ‘Man, that was a great interview,’” Austin says. “I sent him back a couple of those emojis, one of a beer mug and the other of an eagle, and then he called me right then and there.

“We got to talking. I’ve always respected the hell out of his career, and I’m glad they’re around—it gives the guys and girls in professional wrestling more places to work. I said, ‘I’d love to have you on the show.’ And he said he’d love to do it, so I checked with Vince about it.”

Austin made a career out of cutting-edge content, and this session of the Broken Skull Sessions certainly fits that description. Since the interview airs on a WWE-owned platform, Austin addressed whether Vince McMahon was hesitant to give his approval for Jericho to appear on the show.

“I texted Vince and said we had this badass idea about Jericho coming on the show,” Austin says. “Vince goes, ‘It’s cool. Go ahead.’ But me and Vince don’t always do well with phones and texts and all that, so I texted one more time, ‘Are you sure it’s OK to have Chris Jericho on the show?’ Vince gave me the thumbs up, and Chris came out to do the show.”

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/04/02/aew-chris-jericho-steve-austin-interview-wwe-network?utm_source=reddit.com

• Like 3