DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

12 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Titus needs to give Mandy some pointers on how to live this one down! Poor, poor Mandy!

Meltzer said the ramp was wet and several other wrestlers almost slipped.  Doesn't seem like that big a deal, though Vince will probably be having talent fake-slip on their way to the ring for the next several weeks.

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

More pirates 

WrestleMania-Backlash-2021.jpg

It sounds like the name of a post WrestleMania house show tour. I actually like it, it makes sense based on how they book post WrestleMania PPVs. You usually get a rematch of one of the Main Title matches or a variation of them. This is probably more to do with drawing people to Peacock than anything else 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

It sounds like the name of a post WrestleMania house show tour. I actually like it, it makes sense based on how they book post WrestleMania PPVs. You usually get a rematch of one of the Main Title matches or a variation of them. This is probably more to do with drawing people to Peacock than anything else 

So one of two things is at play. One, they're creatively bankrupt and desperately trying to get every drop of juice from the Wrestlemania fruit. Two, they assume people who aren't fans are so goddamn stupid that "Wrestlemania" is a synonym for "pro wrestling" in their heads. You know, like how UFC is up in the hundreds with their card titles. Is WWE's concept of their fans where they imagine a group of people sitting around in October asking each other "You wanna watch Wrestlemania tonight?" 

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

This kind of reminds me of a few years ago a local radio station had a ticket giveaway and the DJ said he had tickets for Wrestlemania. 2 segments later he had to correct himself by saying he had tickets to the "Road to" Wrestlemania house show that was happening in town.

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

When they used to do a UK/Euro tour right after Mania, it was always called the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour.

10 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

So one of two things is at play. One, they're creatively bankrupt and desperately trying to get every drop of juice from the Wrestlemania fruit. Two, they assume people who aren't fans are so goddamn stupid that "Wrestlemania" is a synonym for "pro wrestling" in their heads. You know, like how UFC is up in the hundreds with their card titles. Is WWE's concept of their fans where they imagine a group of people sitting around in October asking each other "You wanna watch Wrestlemania tonight?" 

They might as well just rename all PPV events to "WrestleMania" now and just keep using the numbering, so WrestleMania 38 next month, WrestleMania 39 the month after etc. Before long they'll get to WM50 and they can make a big deal of it.

• Like 1