DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

I fucking love Javy. He may strikeout a million times, but he pulls shit like that out of his ass and it's like, how could I not love you? The next funniest part is Javy is signaling safe at home before remembering he still had to run back to 1B.

The Ricketts may fucking suck, but this team is playing to win and I'm here for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

I'm really taking issue with how Craig hasn't been benched for that at least.  He probably should be DFA'd. 

Exactly- if mangers are gonna yank guys for not running to first, they have to yank dudes who are idiots and actively cost the team runs 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

7 inning games offend the Baseball gods and are an abomination. 

Imagine getting tickets to a game that gets rained out, rescheduled as part of a doubleheader the next day and you get 2 less innings of baseball. That's some bullshit right there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Imagine getting tickets to a game that gets rained out, rescheduled as part of a doubleheader the next day and you get 2 less innings of baseball. That's some bullshit right there.

To be fair - all (or almost all) MLB teams have the policy that a rained out game ticket can be exchanged for another regular season ticket that year.

So someone choosing to attend one of the three doubleheaders today, theoretically, made the choice to attend today's game knowing it would be shortened

• Like 3

Between the Bucs' radio call and Cindy's reaction ("I can't watch anymore... this is the stupidest fucking play I've ever seen"), this really is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I fully understand that this is really all just an illusion for the Cubs and regression is coming sooner rather than later, but even though they'll eventually fall to 2nd or 3rd in the NL Central, I'll always have this.

That said, crush the souls of the goofier Cubs fans and start selling dudes like Joc soon when their stock is highest. This team's ceiling is a failed WC birth. I don't give a shit about making the postseason to not be able to compete with teams like the Padres. Get what you can now and start building to the future. Again.

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

God damn

love the professionalism all around. Randle trucks him and keeps running to first.  Pitcher shows ump the ball to verify the tag out before sprinting to join the brawl.

and it's a good bunt too.  Show this clip in every clubhouse, maybe guys will start to work on being good bunters again

• Like 2