DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

Going to move this to two half season threads instead of monthly ones.  

It's opening day, and Francisco Lindor will be a Met for...ever really. 

10/321 are the terms.

Contract Details

10 years

$21 million signing bonus and then $32 million annual

$5 million every year will be deferred paid out from 2032-2041 (so $50 million in deferrals)

No opt outs and a 15 team no trade (that part cracks me up)

It is the third largest contract in terms of total guaranteed money (it is slightly bigger than Tatis' deal). Sixth biggest overall

The first postponement of the season - Os vs Red Sox.

Happily it is due to rain.

Everything moved to tomorrow.

(This might not be the only game affected by today's shitty weather on the East Coast)

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mets/Nats postponed due to the Nats COVID issues

Wind chills were supposed to be in the 20's, so I'm sure the players are cool with this.  

Miguel Cabrera hit a home run in the midst of enough snow he didn't realize it left the park and so he slid into second. That's gonna be a clip that floats around a while I think 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Miguel Cabrera hit a home run in the midst of enough snow he didn't realize it left the park and so he slid into second. That's gonna be a clip that floats around a while I think 

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The first postponement of the season - Os vs Red Sox.

Happily it is due to rain.

Everything moved to tomorrow.

(This might not be the only game affected by today's shitty weather on the East Coast)

I'm sure you'll be amused by my predicament that I stated in the April Fool's thread.  All that trouble to try and watch the stupid game only to see it was postponed.  Mother Nature pulled quite the April Fool's joke on me.

But I am tuning into the Cubs game and saw somebody in the stands with a sweet Cubs Lucha mask.  So eh, could be worse.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Gary Sanchez is currently 2-3 with a HR, his out was on contact, he threw out a runner stealing 2nd and legged out an infield single.

When did I enter Earth-2?

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Gary Sanchez is currently 2-3 with a HR, his out was on contact, he threw out a runner stealing 2nd and legged out an infield single.

When did I enter Earth-2?

It is April Fool's day, so maybe a prank?

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

"thought it was a double" but ran "hard" for only about 30 feet.  His horrific conditioning and lack of effort are embarrassing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Justin Turner got him off the hook, apparently.

not only did Turner not think Bellinger's hit was a home run, he thought it was caught and retreated to first, passing Bellinger on the way and causing Bellinger to be out.

All without the excuse of snow.

I likely won't get nearly enough opportunities to LOL at the Dodgers' misfortune this year so I appreciate getting one of them straightaway