DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit, there are definitely going to be more no hitters than Tim Anderson BB at this rate.

To be fair - Anderson is walking at the same exact rate as no hitters

Kluber's was the 6th no hitter. Anderson has 6 walks

His low in a full season was 13. I don't think there are going to be THAT many no hitters (but double digits certainly seems possible)

The Seattle Mariners have had a travelling party member test positive for COVID

What makes this interesting - and worrisome for MLB - is that, according to Jeff Passan, the Mariners are one of the least, if not the least vaccinated team

8 hours ago, Raziel said:

Yanks just turned a 5-4-3 Triple play.

I like how you undersold this

They turned it in the Top of the 9th while the game was tied at 1

• Like 1

Atlanta beat Pittsburgh 20-1

The Braves his 7 HRs including 2 Grand Slams. (Supposedly they are the first team to hit 7 or more HRs in a game that included 2 Grand Slams)

Trailing 12-0, the Pirates put infielder Wilmer Difo on the mound in the bottom of the 8th. He gave up 8 runs

Amazingly Brian Snitker didn't scream at his team and call them unprofessional

EDIT

And for a direct example of how a situation should be handled, Ronald Acuna Jr tried to bat left handed which Snitker nipped in the bud

And then joked about it afterwards

• Like 4

Fun fact: batters have gotten 557 pitches with a 3-0 count when up 10+ runs in the last 20 years. Yermin Mercedes is the first to swing. 

• Like 1

Mariners catcher Jose Godoy became the 20,000th player to make their MLB debut

This is going back to 1871 and there still has never been someone whose last name started with X to have played in the bigs

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mariners catcher Jose Godoy became the 20,000th player to make their MLB debut

This is going back to 1871 and there still has never been someone whose last name started with X to have played in the bigs

Is this including Negro League players? 

37 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Is this including Negro League players? 

Not yet

About 2 1/2 minutes - 3 minutes in they explain but basically they will be added to the list (I am guessing just at the end from wherever the # is at the moment)

• Like 1

Miles Mikolas started for the Cards for the first time in 19 months

He then left then game prior to the 5th with forearm tightness and is headed for a MRI

giphy.gif

• Like 1

As if I ever scrolled down that far in the Sports folder.

I mean, there are sections of the board that I am never-ever-ever going to go into.  Apparently, scrolling down the sports folder is one of them.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure we don't have and Bucs fans here, and this would probably also qualify for the "Stupid things" thread:

EDIT: Ok, THE FUCK?  I pasted as plain text!

Edited by RIPPA
I'm a Helper~!
  • Haha 4

One of the things I like about baseball is the one play a week where it goes wrong, it goes wrong in the most spectacularly Looney Tunes ways imaginable. This could be a Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck or Wile E Coyote/Roadrunner sketch about baseball and it would be exactly the same.