DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

In a statement released by the Rockies, the team and executive vice-president/general manager Jeff Bridich “have mutually agreed” that Bridich will step down from his duties with the club.  The Rockies will appoint an interim GM for the remainder of the 2021 campaign and then look for a full-time general manager after the season.

The baseball operations department is now under the purview of Greg Feasel, who has now been promoted to the role of team president as well as chief operating officer.  Feasel was already COO and an executive VP since the 2010 season, and he has been a member of the organization for 26 seasons.

Dumping your franchise player and then bailing months later is a bold strategy

• Like 1

He has to also hope that neither Nelson Cruz or Ronald Acuna hits a HR before the LAA start at 8:05 PM EST (since both have games that start upwards of two hours earlier ?)

That also reminds me that Ohtani had to play OF in an emergency situation a couple of days ago and Joe Maddon was like "yeah - don't get used to that"

Well, I'm guessing Jomboy is working on the breakdown for this as we speak.  Miami scored off an E1/Interference call. 

They'd score a second unearned run on a passed ball later that inning. 

The Gary Sanchez dream isn't officially dead but it is another step closer.

Aaron Boone acknowledge last night that it will pretty much be a 50/50 split between Sanchez and Kyle Higashioka

If Sanchez is still on the roster at the end of the season - I will be stunned

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Gary Sanchez dream isn't officially dead but it is another step closer.

Aaron Boone acknowledge last night that it will pretty much be a 50/50 split between Sanchez and Kyle Higashioka

If Sanchez is still on the roster at the end of the season - I will be stunned

Hey now, it could not be...

Sanchez 10/55, 2 HR, 4 RBI, .617 OPS, .2 WAR

Higashioka 8/25, 4 HR, 6 RBI, 1.294 OPS, .8 WAR

tenor.gif

Edited by Raziel

I won't put it up, but yeah, Kyle's numbers vs. Gary's defensively isn't a contest (aside from SB/CS, which they're identical with Kyle having a tad over half the innings of Gary), I can't find the framing numbers, which Kyle is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better at.

Atlanta Braves starter Huascar Ynoa struck out the side in the top of the fourth, then led off the bottom of the fourth with his first career home run. Just shoveling dirt on the Cubbies grave....

16 hours ago, just drew said:

Atlanta Braves starter Huascar Ynoa struck out the side in the top of the fourth, then led off the bottom of the fourth with his first career home run. Just shoveling dirt on the Cubbies grave....

Not when you have moments like this...

Let the record show that Freddie went 4-for-4 against actual Cubs pitchers, 0-for-1 with a strikeout against Rizzo. ? ? ?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Not when you have moments like this...

Let the record show that Freddie went 4-for-4 against actual Cubs pitchers, 0-for-1 with a strikeout against Rizzo. ? ? ?

I'd fire both of those fuckfaces before The Ghost Of Bill Watts had a chance to say Rusty Kuntz. 

Kayfabe breakin' punks. 

• Like 1