DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

Akil Baddoo, the Detroit Tigers rookie, has a 1.043 slugging percentage through 8 games.  That's the highest in AL history to start a season through 8 games.

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Carlos Rodon just threw a No-Hitter for the Chicago White Sox he lost the perfect game in the 9th by hitting a guy in the toe with a slider & Jose Abreu made a hell of a play to get the 1st out to keep the No Hitter alive. 

First MLB pitcher ever to throw a no-no less than two years after Tommy John surgery per STATS.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yankees fans were... A lot today

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRePwtzM3yb5mTPY3JYwjg

None of these guys could hit water if they fell out of a fucking boat (Pitchers *and* their grossly overpaid to bat .250 with 300 k hitters)

Edited by Raziel

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Woof.

Yeah, these are horrible.  Nothing screams "Red Sox" like ... yellow and blue.  Every team that wears a "we hate our own colors" uniform deserves a 10-game losing streak.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, these are horrible.  Nothing screams "Red Sox" like ... yellow and blue.  Every team that wears a "we hate our own colors" uniform deserves a 10-game losing streak.

I mean if you want to pay tribute to the late, unlamented Boston Bees, fine. But do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a bad port of SNK Baseball Stars.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Twins/LAA postponed tonight and tomorrow because the Twins are up to four positive folks

Add Monday's As/Twins game to the list as testing and contact tracing is still being done throughout the Minnesota organization.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:45 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

I really hope they never offer a collectible replica of that ring package. 

I might have to kill me before my wife does. 

https://www.jostens.com/apps/prochamp/losangelesdodgers/fans/productDetail.mvc?osr=FAN_RING1_LA001&catalogFilter=PRO-HIS

I would never buy such a thing, but you can build your own replica of the ring. The ultra-premium in white gold and real gems is like $6000.

Edited by grilledcheese

On 4/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, RIPPA said:

Neil Walker has retired

It has been a rough couple of days for my 2013 fantasy team

Walker was great on those Pirates teams. I've got alot of great memories of watching the McCutchen/Walker/Alvarez Bucs at PNC Park. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Walker was great on those Pirates teams. 

I read this as "Walker was on those great Pirates teams" and was wondering why you were talking about 1971.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Madison Bumgarner threw a 7 inning no hitter than MLB will now pretend never happened

The story is listed on the MLB.com homepage as "Bumgarner throws 7-inning no-hitter", there's inclusion in the "no-hitters that went fewer than 9 innings" evergreen article on same, the video is listed as "Bumgarner finishes 7 no-hit frames", etc...