DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

Btw the Marlins lost on an absolute horseshit call. 

Conforto leaned into strike 3 and got clipped by the ball. 

Of course it should never have gotten to that point, but fuck.  Guessing he'll get one between the numbers tomorrow.

To go back to Rube again...

You're all doing yourselves a huge disservice if you don't listen to the Rube episode of the Dollop. West Newjohn from Cincinnati already said it himself, but it really is god tier. It's one of the funniest listens.

Hey! Here you all go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Btw the Marlins lost on an absolute horseshit call. 

Conforto leaned into strike 3 and got clipped by the ball. 

Of course it should never have gotten to that point, but fuck.  Guessing he'll get one between the numbers tomorrow.

Just saw the replay. Home plate umpire needs to be suspended. He recognized the pitch was a strike and then called the HBP. That's not how the rule works. It's literally black & white rule that you can't get an HBP on a strike. Brutal. Just brutal. 

So MLB has decided that the first person they are going to try and go after with their new "doctored ball" rule is Trevor Bauer

MLBPA has already announced they will absolutely challenge any sort of punishment MLB tries to hand down

I have never actively liked the Dodgers (sorry Dad) but those unis are white-hot and they should get to wear them all year long.

The rings OTOH... well...

Not sure which is more ridiculous: the ring itself, or the box it came in that PLAYS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of the World Series.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It was Ron Kulpa.

Notable is that he himself said he got the call absolutely wrong.

I mean, good for him that he admitted he blew it.  But...it should never have happened.  He recognized it was a strike before ruling it an HBP.  It's not just that he didn't recognize that Conforto leaned in instead of actively trying to get away, a rule violation itself.  It's that Kulpa ignored the rule that says strikes override HBPs.  Dude needs to be suspended.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Raziel said:

Now he can be shitty in the Alt Site and/or Scranton.

That sounds super ominous. Like in Blaseball when a player is sent Elsewhere and they return weeks later with vowels missing from their name. Blaseball is great

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elizium said:

That sounds super ominous. Like in Blaseball when a player is sent Elsewhere and they return weeks later with vowels missing from their name. Blaseball is great

I have never heard of this before. I am a better person for now having discovered it, and simultaneously a worse person for knowing this is going to take way too much of my precious time going forward.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I have never heard of this before. I am a better person for now having discovered it, and simultaneously a worse person for knowing this is going to take way too much of my precious time going forward.

I highly recommend Cat Manning's Blaseball writings (https://catacalypto.substack.com/people/7344-cat). Really helped me out when I was getting into it and was super confused as to why players were getting encased in giant peanut shells or just outright incinerated

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 4:03 PM, Pete said:

Not sure which is more ridiculous: the ring itself, or the box it came in that PLAYS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of the World Series.

I really hope they never offer a collectible replica of that ring package. 

I might have to kill me before my wife does. 

• Like 1

MLB has moved the trade deadline up one day for this year. It is now July 30

The reason being that MLB tries to avoid having the trade deadline be on days when there are afternoon games and the 31st is a Saturday this year. (This i

Most likely the deadline will be moved next year too (since the 31 is a Sunday - though based on what they did the last time it fell on a Sunday - they moved it to August 1)

Yadier Molina's next game will be his 2000th game as catcher for the Cardinals. 

He'll be the first player in baseball history to catch that many games for one team.