DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Top Half

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

There are too many people at this Jays/Rangers baseball game, no way this many people need to know about baseball

Love Buck and Dan explaining the rules for attendees while I’m looking at a sea of maskless fools. Just the kind of crowd you’d expect to attend such an event. 

• Like 1

Oh baseball - never change

Always great to still be awarded a save in a game where you gave up 5 runs in 3 innings where you team wins 15-6

Oh I should not that is also getting a save after giving up a solo HR and a grand slam

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Always great to still be awarded a save in a game where you gave up 5 runs in 3 innings where you team wins 15-6

Oh I should not that is also getting a save after giving up a solo HR and a grand slam

The ROOLS of the game are SACRED....! ?

15 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Love Buck and Dan explaining the rules for attendees while I’m looking at a sea of maskless fools. Just the kind of crowd you’d expect to attend such an event. 

I predict a whole mess of "pneumonia cases" coming out of this game.

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I think every member of that cheated Astros team should be booed and chastised mercilessly....except for George Springer. He didn't cheat at all...his only crime was guilt by association. He should be cheered for freeing himself from such a toxic situation ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I've always thought the rules of saves should be really tight - tying run at the plate when you come in.  Period.  I would listen to further restrictions - like you gotta get at least 2 outs, etc.  The "3 innings no matter the score or how you pitch" save is so stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

MLB has officially moved the All Star Game to Denver. 

I want to see Stanton, Abreu, and Trout in the derby so they can hit it 700 ft.

BP fastballs in Denver would be about the only way Stanton makes contact on more than one ball a fortnight.

• Haha 2

One interesting thing regarding the Nats COVID players and I am wondering if this is like this elsewhere.

Not only do the players have to isolate for 10 days, they then need medical clearance AND clearance from the city of DC

It is the clearance from the "home market" that I am curious about. Clearly that will vary from state to state (if anywhere else is even added that) and I think we could probably easily figure out which places are easier to come back in

On 4/5/2021 at 12:40 PM, elizium said:

If you score after getting hit by a pitch, you should be allowed free reign to do whatever you want

Bryce Harper eventually stealing home after the time Cole Hamels drilled him is still one of the best baseball moments of the last 10 years