DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 3/30/21: Storm 1000/Tuesday Finale

Good show for the final tuesday Impact. Enjoyed the women's tag opener. Sad to see the end of Havok & Nevaeh but look forward to seeing how Nevaeh does on her own. Marked huge for the WILDCAT appearance! Laughed at Trey telling Sami "You do not validate me, you are not my Twitter checkmark!" 

Swinger's Palace always the best. Love the Swinger/Callis interaction. Hilarious delivery from Swinger "Hey isn't that the guy from TNA?" when Callis walked in. Sad for Jazz's career likely ending, loved that she had this little run here, but do want Deonna reigning as long as possible and the match should be good. Looking forward to the card coming together for Hardcore Justice with presumably all gimmick matches. Fun main event, crazy that Young tore his ACL here and that it's his first time being injured. I want more Harris & Storm involvement now.

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Rohit Raju & Hernandez def. Fallah Bahh & Mahabali Shera (12:32) when Rohit pinned Shera after the Mumbai Drive By running knee.

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 30, 2021

*Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz) def. Havok & Nevaeh (7:23) when Kiera pinned Havok after Tasha used a frog splash. After the match, Nevaeh turned on Havok and beat her down. 

*Sami Callihan def. Larry D (w/ Acey Romero) (10:46) after the Piledriver. After the match, Larry & Acey laid out Callihan but Sami got back up laughing.

*Brian Myers def. Suicide (3:07) after the Roster Cut clothesline. After the match, Myers cut a promo refusing to accept Matt Cardona's challenge.

*Ace Austin & Madman Fulton def. TJP & Josh Alexander (9:07) when Ace pinned TJP with a rollup after TJP & Josh argued.

*James Storm (w/ Chris Sabin, Jake Something, & "Wildcat" Chris Harris) def. Eric Young (w/ Rhino, Joe Doering, & Deaner) (14:59) with the Last Call Superkick after Harris stopped Young from using a weapon, in Storm's 1000th match for Impact Wrestling.

Finally figured out what is so annoying about Striker anymore: he's trying to be a bootleg Don West. You can hear it in the intonation in his voice, how he pushes the "intensity" until he sounds completely ridiculous. I never thought someone would want to imitate Don West but here you go. 

What exactly is "hot stuff and Russian D-ball"? 

Speaking of OTT, Tony is quickly getting there and needs to dial it back. Did dig the all-over print shirt with the cheetah head from Iggy Pop's old jacket on the back of Raw Power (that he traded to Stan Lee of the Dickies for drugs btw). 

• Like 1

iggy01.jpg?w=359&h=522&ssl=1

Okay, maybe not exactly the same, but close. I'm sure it's some other logo. 

BTW, liked Callis giving Swinger the carny handshake, also him splitting as soon as the fight broke out in the back. And Swinger telling dude to piss in the cup and promptly crushing it when he put it down haha. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I watched it again and not only did Swinger crumple the cup he crumpled up the fucking money in his hands when whatshisface handed it over. Does he not know how to be gentle or fold things? It's very in-character.

Callis telling him "I don't think we've met since the pre-cell phone era" was classic, too

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Finally figured out what is so annoying about Striker anymore: he's trying to be a bootleg Don West. You can hear it in the intonation in his voice, how he pushes the "intensity" until he sounds completely ridiculous. I never thought someone would want to imitate Don West but here you go. 

What exactly is "hot stuff and Russian D-ball"? 

Speaking of OTT, Tony is quickly getting there and needs to dial it back. Did dig the all-over print shirt with the cheetah head from Iggy Pop's old jacket on the back of Raw Power (that he traded to Stan Lee of the Dickies for drugs btw). 

Hot Stuff is an old spray that would make you more vascular mainly used in body building competitions. Russian D-Bol is just slang for Dianabol which is a steroid. So both are references to Swinger's sketch 80's character. 

I dug this week's episode. If Kenny tapped more into his AEW Character I think it would work better than what he's doing in Impact but it'll be fine in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 7:19 PM, Curt McGirt said:

91dVmrjfmrL._SX679_.jpg

I must have had something similar to this, but the top portion was purple or violet instead of red. And it was definitely not called "Hot Stuff", though. I didn't particularly like using it, however.