DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite (24th March 2021).

The Natural

Rare I start show threads but had to make an exception because I've looked forward to Darby Allin defending the TNT Championship against John Silver ever since it was announced last week and it's on this episode of Dynamite. Hope the match gets 15-20 minutes! There has to be follow up to the terrific Thunder Rosa vs. Dr. Britt Baker Lights Out match as well.

• Like 1

The Haters Guide to Enjoying AEW Dynamite (24th March 2021)

– Trios Match: FTR & Shawn Spears (w/ Tully Blanchard) Vs. Varsity Blonds & Dante Martin of Top Flight

This is a total layup. A gimme. Whatever happens in the match, complain about Shawn Spears being involved. 

– Nyla Rose (w/ Vickie Guerrero) Vs. Tay Conti

If Nyla wins, complain that she should have put over Conti because Conti needs the win more than Nyla does. If Conti wins, complain that they aren't booking Nyla like a proper monster.

– Trios Match: AEW World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler Vs. The Lucha Brothers & Laredo Kid

Man, the Lucha Brothers are just treading water. They need to use them better. The EVPs need to stop putting themselves over. Or: How are AEW ever going to be the #1 promotion in the world if they are afraid to book their top guys like ture (super)stars? Also complain about Cutler being involved, obviously. And also that they are just bringing in Laredo Kid and expecting us to all know who he is when obviously no-one has ever heard of the guy before now.

– TNT Championship Match: Darby Allin (c) Vs. John Silver (w/ Dark Order)

I suppose you could try and complain that they have killed John Silver's heat and we are all going to lose interest in him now that he has been shown to be a hopeless loser? Nah. Probably better off pretending that you enjoyed this one. Too many cool kids like both of these guys right now.

Oh! Oh! Does John Silver's record justify a title match? Is the open challenge unfair to wrestlers with better records? You could maybe have a go at that! And that could lead nicely into:

– AEW World Championship Eliminator: Kenny Omega (w/ Don Callis) Vs. Matt Sydal (w/ Mike Sydal)

What the hell man?! Wins and losses are supposed to mean something in AEW! Why and how is Matt Sydal getting a shot at earning a title match? You should be mad about this already.

Absolutely everybody on these boards loves Kenny Omega unreservedly so there is nothing to complain about there, obviously. 

?

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 5
  • Haha 11

I'm wondering how the Lucha Brothers are even a thing now. One's gotten some shine over the last 4-6 weeks as a face while another said he was going to make sure a guy's shoulder was so broken they couldn't hold their new baby. I have no idea who Laredo Kid is but I also struggle to remember what a lot of wrestlers even look like. I remember reading result reports and shit saying "QT Marshall" did something. I had no fucking idea who that was until like, a month ago. This promotion has to start actually introducing people and building their gimmicks rather than assuming we know who they are. Excalibur throwing out some exposition during an entrance isn't good enough.

I know 95% of the board could throw Darby around, but John Silver is really going to be throwing Darby around and I AM HERE FOR IT!

Plus, holy fuck. Bucks and Cutler vs Death Triangle with LAREDO KID subbing in for Pac? My god. AEW Dynamite, I didn't know you loved me so much.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

– Trios Match: FTR & Shawn Spears (w/ Tully Blanchard) Vs. Varsity Blonds & Dante Martin of Top Flight

This is a total layup. A gimme. Whatever happens in the match, complain about Shawn Spears being involved. 

If Nyla wins, complain that she should have put over Conti because Conti needs the win more than Nyla does. If Conti wins, complain that they aren't booking Nyla like a proper monster.

– Trios Match: AEW World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler Vs. The Lucha Brothers & Laredo Kid

Man, the Lucha Brothers are just treading water. They need to use them better. The EVPs need to stop putting themselves over. Or: How are AEW ever going to be the #1 promotion in the world if they are afraid to book their top guys like ture (super)stars? Also complain about Cutler being involved, obviously. And also that they are just bringing in Laredo Kid and expecting us to all know who he is when obviously no-one has ever heard of the guy before now.

I suppose you could try and complain that they have killed John Silver's heat and we are all going to lose interest in him now that he has been shown to be a hopeless loser? Nah. Probably better off pretending that you enjoyed this one. Too many cool kids like both of these guys right now.

Oh! Oh! Does John Silver's record justify a title match? Is the open challenge unfair to wrestlers with better records? You could maybe have a go at that! And that could lead nicely into:

– AEW World Championship Eliminator: Kenny Omega (w/ Don Callis) Vs. Matt Sydal (w/ Mike Sydal)

What the hell man?! Wins and losses are supposed to mean something in AEW! Why and how is Matt Sydal getting a shot at earning a title match? You should be mad about this already.

Absolutely everybody on these boards loves Kenny Omega unreservedly so there is nothing to complain about there, obviously. 

?

Rent free. ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I'm wondering how the Lucha Brothers are even a thing now. One's gotten some shine over the last 4-6 weeks as a face while another said he was going to make sure a guy's shoulder was so broken they couldn't hold their new baby. I have no idea who Laredo Kid is but I also struggle to remember what a lot of wrestlers even look like. I remember reading result reports and shit saying "QT Marshall" did something. I had no fucking idea who that was until like, a month ago. This promotion has to start actually introducing people and building their gimmicks rather than assuming we know who they are. Excalibur throwing out some exposition during an entrance isn't good enough.

QT Marshall was all over the early pandemic shows and has been a featured prelim guy from the start of the promotion and associated with Cody. Had a pretty good blow off NHB match with Dustin vs Butcher and Blade a few months ago after a several week built feud. As prelim acts go, he's probably been one of the most established. 

• Like 2

This looks like a great show!  I do have two problems with Sydal/Omega.  1) Saying Sydal won this chance by beating Nakazawa, then showing the ending of the match with Nak where it was clear it was just comedy bullshit, was a bad choice.  2) I don't like non-title matches with champions with title matches on the line.  If you can beat a champion one on one, you should be the champion. 

All that being said, it should be a great match.

I mean a hater might say they could have inserted Cody into the Buck's six man to continue his angle with Penta and add some starpower to the show.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

?

You needed to add "I expect a run in after the match" to every match to really capture it. Also no mention of Canadian Destroyers. Or Sting being interrupted before a promo. You need to drink some more haterade. I give your post ******, my lowest rating ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodear said:

I mean a hater might say they could have inserted Cody into the Buck's six man to continue his angle with Penta and add some starpower to the show.

That actually would have been a great fucking match but instead we have the very obvious jobber guy there too take the pinfall. Oh well ???

Cody seems determined not to be outshined by the other Elite guys or get the stink of any of their bad booking on him. He'll stick to his own bad booking, thank you very much! 

Adam Page vs Cezar Bononi has been added to the show. Nemeth and Drake in the corner probably means Dark Order involvement at some point. 

• Haha 1

Great main event between Darby Allin and John Silver for the TNT Championship. Worth waking up for and watch as it's just gone 02:04am in the morning. I was hoping John Silver would win the TNT Championship though. Hopefully he's the one to end Allin's reign.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1