DVDVR Message Board

UFC 260: Miočić vs. Ngannou II (3/27/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

The second Stipe didn't get that takedown, I thought, well, that may be it. I doubt it makes a difference, but I wonder if the fight goes any differently in a larger cage.

18 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I don't know who the guy is because I'm too casual but the long dreadlock dude putting on pads and eating Ngannou's strikes on the regular is the real champion.

That would be Dewey Cooper, who is basically the new Bundini Brown.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Hate that it happened, but I love these guys. So happy for Francis.

Ideally Francis knocks Jon Jones into a different universe and we get the trilogy.

God I'd love that to happen. Ideally the Overeem KTFO treatment.

2 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

He beat him with a leaping jab and a short hook. That's what's really scary. That's Godzilla with a sniper rifle.

Stunned him with the jab, Stipe thought he hurt him, came in and got caught with a beautiful short hook. Kinda reminded me of Miocic vs. Werdum when Miocic won the UFC Heavyweight Championship for the first time.

Edited by The Natural

Well, I'm happy Ngannou won. He's been the opponent I've been most afraid of for Stipe and so I guess now that this is over with I can kind of relax and look forward to Francis murking anyone not named Stipe.

Based off reading that interview Damon Martin did with Eric Nicksick, I'm excited that we have at least one MMA coach who is super realistic, knew Stipe was super dangerous, and that it was on Ngannou to make those adjustments. You want that out of an MMA coach and not the usual hyperbolic "this guy/girl can knock anyone out in the first round."

Also, I got major Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo vibes except Ngannou wasn't as badly hurt as Kongo. He got stunned but Miocic chased him and paid for it big time.

• Like 3

Francis didn't just overcome Stipe, he overcame the phlegm. I'm just assuming he rehydrates with whole milk as a protein thing.

Aljo is the only US-born UFC Champion, btw. If Yan hadn't blown it... what would be the last time that happened?

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Based off reading that interview Damon Martin did with Eric Nicksick, I'm excited that we have at least one MMA coach who is super realistic, knew Stipe was super dangerous, and that it was on Ngannou to make those adjustments. You want that out of an MMA coach and not the usual hyperbolic "this guy/girl can knock anyone out in the first round."

Also, I got major Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo vibes except Ngannou wasn't as badly hurt as Kongo. He got stunned but Miocic chased him and paid for it big time.

That's a much better comparison than the one I came up with. One of my favourite fights as well. Cheers, @Elsalvajeloco.

The scariest moment of the fight was Francis defending the takedown and then popping Stipe in the face for even trying. As soon as it happened I thought, If that's "a thing" going forward, everyone just forget it.

• Like 2