DVDVR Message Board

Raw Don't Need No Water... - 3/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I basically skipped the last half hour since I don't give a shit about Braun/Shane or Randy/Fiend.

Hated much of what they did with the Hurt Business tonight. Having Bobby need Cedric and Shelton to beat an injured Sheamus was dumbass. Having Cedric and Shelton lose a 2 on 1 match to Drew was even more dumbass. Having Bobby talk about being able to do shit on his own then go out and put a bounty on Drew  was just immensely dumbass. Someone went out of their way to make the Hurt Business look bad to prop up Drew. Fuck whoever that was.

Asuka/Peyton was solid and probably Peyton's best showing on the main roster, maybe even in WWE in general. It was good to see Rhea show up, but I hate the quick and lazy route they went having her just throw a challenge out with no build or earning. Still, I'm looking forward to Asuka/Rhea though I have my doubts right now it will be the crowning match Rhea should have gotten.

Its a pity Charlotte caught covid, but I hope they use the chance to return her as a heel post Wrestlemania.

Mandy/Dana vs. Nia/Shayna as a match. Its clear they are setting up a multi-team match for Wrestlemania. Can't say I'm excited with how the Raw teams have been built and only Nattie/Tamina getting any decent build on Smackdown. I wish they would have Reginald fuck right off. They never should have had him separate from Carmella. Why they feel the need to focus on a man so much in the women's divisions I have no idea.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Absolutely nothing made real sense tonight. Why make The Hurt Business break up? Why is there a Braun choo-choo? Why... Riddle? Fucking hell. I actually watched the whole show and outside of the Ripley/Asuka bit (since that at least seemed logical), I'm wondering why the fuck I even bothered.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Hated much of what they did with the Hurt Business tonight. Having Bobby need Cedric and Shelton to beat an injured Sheamus was dumbass. Having Cedric and Shelton lose a 2 on 1 match to Drew was even more dumbass. Having Bobby talk about being able to do shit on his own then go out and put a bounty on Drew  was just immensely dumbass. Someone went out of their way to make the Hurt Business look bad to prop up Drew. Fuck whoever that was.

I read the report on f4wonline.com and yours. Fucking maddening what they've done to The Hurt Business on this episode of RAW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I read the report on f4wonline.com and yours. Fucking maddening what they've done to The Hurt Business on this episode of RAW.

Imagine booking Brock as a cowardly heel putting a bounty on a guy rather than take him out himself? Lashley should be pushed as an unstoppable monster, how hard is this???

• Like 9

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Imagine booking Brock as a cowardly heel putting a bounty on a guy rather than take him out himself? Lashley should be pushed as an unstoppable monster, how hard is this???

Exactly. Thank you.

• Like 2

It's as if they realized that if they booked Lashley as a monster it would get him over as a face with a live crowd at Wrestlemania. Not like I have a finger on the pulse of anything, but it feels like there's a lot more enthusiasm for Lashley right now compared to Drew at the same time in the Mania build. Granted, Lashley gets the luxury of holding the belt going into the event but I'm not seeing a lot of desire for Drew to be the conquering hero again this year.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

It's WWE so I would say it's incredibly hard. No one fucks up an easy layup like WWE.

• Like 6

Wait, all this time I thought Humberto was injured or something.  So if he's not then what in the flying fuck is he doing with stuff like this?  Godfndamnit this shit isn't too hard but they just can't help themselves sometimes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

I still don't know why I'm supposed to be cheering the Fiend and Alexa....

I hate the pairing and this is from someone who likes both solely for how it came about, male on woman violence and Stockholm syndrome. It's like the Joker/Harley Quinn dynamic though that's fictional thankfully.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Is Sheamus a face again after laying out Riddle? Because that was a total face move to me.

Yeah, I'm rooting for everyone vs. Riddle. I skip him and the Velveteen Dream. Staggered he's still employed.

• Like 1

You know who asked for dissension within The Hurt Business?   Fucking nobody.   WWE is fucking dumb.   They were cool tweeners.  Let it be.  

Also.. i'm confused so help me out.   Lashley doesn't want them helping him with Sheamus?  Cool.  But then Lashley tells the rest of the roster there's a bounty on Drew? Who the fuck is writing this? 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You know who asked for dissension within The Hurt Business?   Fucking nobody.   WWE is fucking dumb.   They were cool tweeners.  Let it be.  

Also.. i'm confused so help me out.   Lashley doesn't want them helping him with Sheamus?  Cool.  But then Lashley tells the rest of the roster there's a bounty on Drew? Who the fuck is writing this? 

In full agreement. Said it before that The Hurt Business is one of the few bright spots in WWE giving each member a much needed purpose. I said it was fucking stupid teasing the first breakup and here we are again.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Anytime the WWE have a group that could reach that next level they will always undercut them.

• Like 2