DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Congrats to Charlie Adam and the Dees on winning promotion to the SPFL today with their victory over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park. First time Kilie have been relegated in over 30 years.

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

From the way some of the English media is talking, its like the Washington Generals beat the Globetrotters tonight. 

Well... You can fit the entire city of Villareal in Old Trafford and still have room for 26k Red Devils. 

I liken it more to Wigan winning the FA Cup.

It's moments like that, that prove there shouldn't be a European Superleague.

Congrats to Man U, on managing to finish not only second in the league, and second in Greater Manchester, but also second in European club football's second competition.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxB said:

It's moments like that, that prove there shouldn't be a European Superleague.

Congrats to Man U, on managing to finish not only second in the league, and second in Greater Manchester, but also second in European club football's second competition.

A bunch of Blues are already making those jokes. I want to scream at them to STFU with the premature jocularity until after Saturday, because this is City we're talking about and the gods of misfortune are always lurking over our heads like the GD sword of Damocles.

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

@Jimbo_Tsuruta: Sheffield United have confirmed Slavisa Jokanovic as their new manager.

Glad it's done and dusted. Hopefully he'll whip the lads into shape.

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

A bunch of Blues are already making those jokes. I want to scream at them to STFU with the premature jocularity until after Saturday, because this is City we're talking about and the gods of misfortune are always lurking over our heads like the GD sword of Damocles.

Good luck in advance, @Pete. A dear friend of mine is married to a Manchester City fan. Out of the choice of Man City or Chelsea to win the Champions League, I'd prefer the former.

Conte steps away from Inter because they need to cut costs...

Zidane steps away from Real Madrid...

Pirlo is once again rumored to being replaced with Allegri.

Poch is in talks with Tottenham.

.... I really want to see Conte at the Bernabéu. I think he'd be a great fit for them.

Edited by Wyld Samurai

The flag is/was a tribute to Rob 'Taff' Johnston, who was in my form class at school and continue to be a legend amongst the Brentford faithful for his dedicated and loud support. Imagine one of those loud singing UK NXT fans and multiply by a hundred ?

Died far too young sadly, but I hope this flag made it from Griffin Park to the Community Stadium.

• Like 2

Cologne stays in Bundesliga after winning 5-1 in my selected home city of Kiel. Tough break for our club, they were 4 points ahead in the race for direct promotion with two match days left, lost both games 2-3 after being up 1-0 at half-time.

In the first leg of the playoffs, Kiel won 1-0 at Cologne, then yesterday's game came and it was 1-3 after 13 minutes (1-2 after 5 minutes). Stings (and stinks), but maybe the club would overextend itself in Bundesliga. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

The flag is/was a tribute to Rob 'Taff' Johnston, who was in my form class at school and continue to be a legend amongst the Brentford faithful for his dedicated and loud support. Imagine one of those loud singing UK NXT fans and multiply by a hundred ?

Died far too young sadly, but I hope this flag made it from Griffin Park to the Community Stadium.

Be nice if Brentford do that. Sorry for your loss. Bradford City has a permanent England flag in the Kop dedicated to the 56 who died in the Valley Parade Fire Disaster.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Blackpool are League One Playoff winners vs Lincoln City.

Cruz Azul won their first Liga MX title in 23 years vs Santos tonight. The team that suffered heartbreak after heartbreak, including the infamous Miguel Herrera Super Saiyan celebration in the rain. 

• Like 1

Completing the playoffs with League Two:

Morecambe 1-0 Newport County (AET)

The SHRIMPS~! go up to the third tier for the first time in their history.