DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Have to seek that out.

Troopz bringing the goods as usual. Arteta is toast.

4 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

I needed a pick-me-up and watching the AFTV lot lose their rag did the trick ? 

This loss even broke Ty, the most optimistic/delusional one of them all.

It can’t be much longer until Don Robbie starts a video by saying, “Disappointing result at Millwall...” 

• Like 1

The UCL final is almost certainly going to be moved from Istanbul

The UK placed Turkey on the travel "red list" today due to the increasing COVID levels in Turkey (the red list means anyone returning from Turkey would need to isolate at the airport hotel for 10 days with no exceptions)

The game will most likely be moved to England. Villa Park has offered to host the game.

There is also speculation that UEFA will move the game to Lisbon (for the 2nd straight year)

On 5/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, Pete said:

Welp.

And there is an ugly sequel to this, for a couple of days later Aogo stepped down from his position as a pundit for Sky Germany. 

The reason? During City vs PSG he seemingly used the phrase (I can't find any exact quote) "Trainieren bis zum Vergasen" which translates roughly to "to train until gassing".

The second part is a proverbial use which means doing something excessively, but the choice of words refers to the horrible actions taken by Nazis during the Holocaust, where people were killed with gas in concentration camps.

As somebody who studied German (and Scandinavian) literature I only learnt about this late in my life at university although hearing it used quite often. (figured it out would probably be a more fitting expression) 

And while I never used the proverb myself, I totally understand why it's highly inappropriate, yet I will say that this probably wasn't making light of the Holocaust and its many victims.

Also, since the internet doesn't forget, an old video of Aogo stating he doesn't want to "live like a ...*, moving around from A to B"

* insert insulting term used for Romani people 

Also a woman on Twitter seemingly accused him of sexually (verbally) harassing her and a friend. So yeah, looks like there is nobody with moral high ground here. 

Edited by ReiseReise
Clarification/Expression edits

The world's most exciting league comes down to the final day, and... everything's settled already? Norwich and Watford are back up, playoff clubs are set (Brentford, Swansea, Bournemouth, Barnsley) and almost everyone else is on their vacation... except for the bottom clubs, where wackiness lies.

_118377678_bbc-table--3620b5b1-3fbe-491e

THE MATCHES!

Wycombe are away to Boro. They need a win, Derby and Rotherham to lose, and pray for at least a 13-goal swing. I think Mike and the Mechanics sang a song about this.

Rotherham are away to Cardiff. If they win and Derby/Wednesday draw, they leapfrog both clubs to safety.

Derby are home to Wednesday in the six-pointer, winner take all. If Derby wins, that's it. Wednesday have to win - they're safe if they do and Rotherham don't. Draw and Rotherham pip them both with a win. IT'S THE CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!

• Like 1

Yeah, Derby/Wednesday has absolutely lived up to expectations. Gonna be some more twists in the tail before all is said and done...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Praying for Rotherham to hold on against Cardiff.

If Rotherham win, you're down. You need to better their result.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
Just now, Pete said:

If Rotherham win, you're down. You need to better their result.

I'm a Sheffield United fan ?

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

3-3 full time. Wednesday are down, thank god for that ???. First time both Sheffield clubs have been relegated in the same season. 

Derby 3-3 Wednesday

Cardiff 1-1 Rotherham

Boro 0-3 Wycombe

Derby survive. Wednesday, Rotherham and Wycombe go down.

Brentford/Bournemouth and Swansea/Barnsley make up the playoff ties.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Cue all the Wednesday fans crying about the points deduction and their "massive" club having to rub shoulders with the likes of Cheltenham Town. 

Excellent ???

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Just now, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Cue all the Wednesday fans crying about the points deduction and their "massive" club having to rub shoulders with the likes of Cheltenham Town. 

Excellent ???

So you'd rather not have the derbies?

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 minute ago, Pete said:

So you'd rather not have the derbies?

Oh I love the derbies, but it'll just be funny to hear mates/colleagues whining about relegation.

I wanted Derby to go down the most for Wayne Rooney and the shit form by Derby. 1 win and 11 losses, heard something like that on the radio this morning. Wednesday was my second choice.

Edited by The Natural

On 5/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, The Natural said:

I wanted Derby to go down the most for Wayne Rooney and the shit form by Derby. 1 win and 11 losses, heard something like that on the radio this morning. Wednesday was my second choice.

Et tu, Natural.

Hibs vs St Johnstone is your Scottish Cup final. If you had put a tenner down on St Johnstone doing a cup double at the start of the season I'd presume the payoff would make you one of the 10 richest people in the UK.