DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry.The first two in the Premier League Hall of Fame and my first two as well even before the charges against Ryan Giggs last week. Congratulations to Shearer and Henry.

A 23-man shortlist will be released later for fans to vote six from. Before that shortlist is out, I'd have:

Peter Schmeichel.

Dennis Bergkamp.

Steven Gerrard.

Roy Keane.

Petr Cech.

Eric Cantona.

Considered Kompany, Wright and Seaman. Can't vote for Giggs or Terry.

You?

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Gary Speed.

I'd vote for Gary Speed. Such a tragedy, me and Dad were sat at the dinner table shocked when the news came through.

Ez6vfrGWUAM68sR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Which six do you choose? 

Mine:

Dennis Bergkamp.

Steven Gerrard.

Ian Wright.

Eric Cantona.

Peter Schmeichel.

Roy Keane.

Something seeing no Ryan Giggs. When this was first announced, you thought he'd be an inductee at the first attempt.

Petr Cech should be there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'd vote for Gary Speed. Such a tragedy, me and Dad were sat at the dinner table shocked when the news came through.

Ez6vfrGWUAM68sR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Which six do you choose? 

Mine:

Dennis Bergkamp.

Steven Gerrard.

Ian Wright.

Eric Cantona.

Peter Schmeichel.

Roy Keane.

Something seeing no Ryan Giggs. When this was first announced, you thought he'd be an inductee at the first attempt.

Petr Cech should be there.

Cantona should've been one of the first two because if you think about it he's probably the single most important player in the league's history: He made Manchester United the global force they are today. Lots of people forget that up until that point United had gone more than a quarter century without a league championship and since that triumph against Benfica at Wembley to win the European Cup were in many respects colossal underachievers (such as infamously getting relegated in 1974, something that would be unthinkable today). King Eric was the guy whose acquisition from Leeds (who had just nicked United for the last old first division title) turned us into the greatest dynasty in the modern history of the English game.

• Like 1

QBFC-V1_Populous_Aerial_Final_large.jpg

The second QBFC plants the shovel they will officially be ahead of NYCFC in the stadium sweepstakes. They had me at "Populous" and "20 minutes from my house."

• Like 2

Me, rising out of bed after a mid-afternoon nap, checking phone: "Hah! Man Yoo losing to Roma at home in the Europa League! Doesn't look like any trophies this year!"

(proceeds to feed dogs, put them out, and sits at the computer.)

Now: "Manchester United have scored five unanswered second half goals to lead 6-2!"

Me: 0_o

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Wednesday will beat Derby on the last day and stay up I can feel it, jammy buggers -_-

Match is officially off. I don't think this is the fixture congestion either club was looking ahead to, especially with United trying to work around their Europa commitments.