DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

58 minutes ago, Raziel said:

UEFA isn't kicking anyone out of this comp.  They need to make good on those TV obligations first or else they lose their own money.  That ain't happening.

They could allow some of the beaten quarter finalists to take the places of the banned clubs.

• Like 1

Always annoys me when people go on about how greedy owners only care about money and it wasn't like that in the old days. It's a fantasy: They absolutely were in it for the money but back then they fucked the players over to accomplish making it whereas in modern times they fuck over the supporters instead.

7 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Shit like this is the reason while I only rarely post here. Football has lost me, this is not even a nail in the coffin for me, this is someone pissing on its grave. 

The German model gives supporters more overall control of their clubs, even though Red Bull Leipzig has been controversial there. It's interesting Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund weren't part of this thing. 

Coming from a Man United fan, you could do worse than to distract yourself from all the soulless bullshit emanating in the last few days by injecting a little more soul into your football and watching the story of my wee hometown team that aired on the BBC last night called Different League: The Derry City Story. I mean, you don't have to watch it, what am I? The documentary police?

But it's the story of a team kicked out of one league during the Troubles who rose from the dead in another league and 4 years later won that league's domestic treble becoming the only team in its history to do so all while invading small towns all around Ireland like an army clad in red and white and sporting moustaches that would have made Magnum P.I. envious. 

It's now available on the iPlayer and it's fucking great. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 1

There was an Echo article of how FSG have been able to walk back and largely undo the three biggest non footballing mistakes they've made so far (trying to copyright Liverpool, ticket price increases, and they tried to furlough staff during the pandemic after receiving government money) but there's no walking this back. They didn't tell players or the manager, haven't released a statement and left them to face the brunt of criticism. They need to go. They have done a lot of good to go along with the bad but no coming back from this. 

...and just think, all of this could have been avoided, if only the Man U fans had kept on wearing those Yellow and Green scarves. But no, one measly little league cup and off they come.

Some reports suggesting Woodward was 'confronted' by Shaw and Maguire who weren't happy about the players having to find out about this clusterfuck on social media and Ole being hung out to dry in front of the media after the match on Sunday. I hope he doesn't try and negotiate on his own with potential employers for his next job, he'll spend 6 months negotiating the contract terms and then it'll collapse at the last minute. 

But, yeah, this all certainly went well, didn't it, bellends?

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1