DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

The big six can fuck off out the Prem then. I'm sure their fans will be thrilled when mergers start happening and games are shifted to Abu Dhabi, US, Macau etc. Cant wait for Manchester Giants v Dynamo North London! 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

The big six can fuck off out the Prem then. I'm sure their fans will be thrilled when mergers start happening and games are shifted to Abu Dhabi, US, Macau etc. Cant wait for Manchester Giants v Dynamo North London! 

Can Bradford City and Sheffield United replace two of the big six? Pretty please.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Can Bradford City and Sheffield United replace two of the big six? Pretty please.

They might as well. If Spurs (last trophy when?) and AC Milan (last trophy when?) can be considered "elite" on modern form and want their own special boys club, then why not stack the PL with any old team who wants to be there?

Rochdale PL champions 2022 u heard it here first.

Okay, I really don't like this but let's not pretend that UEFA, FIFA, the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, etc. stand for the purity of the game. Football and sports lost its soul an awful long time ago. It sucks and I hate it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As someone (prob Jonathan Wilson) said last week, the first time someone said "the game's gone" was in 1870s, when the Football League itself was founded. 

Premier League brought similar talk.

I also remember Liverpool being accused of 'buying the league' in 1987 when they brought in John Aldridge, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley and Ray Houghton. Only one of them cost over a million.

Rumours Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Tottenham the week of the Carabao Cup final vs. Manchester City. Jose won't get the chance to bring a trophy to Spirs. Daniel Levy sacks another manager. Never should have got rid of Redknapp years ago and Poch. Serves Levy right.

Gary Neville was arguing that the big six should be hit with point deductions immediately. Although he didn't say how many. I think it should probably be, like, 30 points (thus putting Arsenal and Spurs in the relegation places, and meaning that as it stands next year's Champions League qualifiers are Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds).

Seems fair.

• Like 2

I can't really say I'm for any of it, but I'm not going to get in an existential strop about it either. I actually quite like the idea of a Premier League minus the 'Big 6'. Maybe it'll shake things up a bit.

The International implications are interesting, but I can see the big teams being entirely comfortable having their squads sit out Qatar - a shitshow I have no intention of paying any mind to.

If we're not going to have relegation though, then there needs to be humuliation/forfeits/etc

Edited by RunningFromAmerica

21 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I can't really say I'm for any of it, but I'm not going to get in an existential strop about it either. I actually quite like the idea of a Premier League minus the 'Big 6'. Maybe it'll shake things up a bit.

The International implications are interesting, but I can see the big teams being entirely comfortable having their squads sit out Qatar - a shitshow I have no intention of paying any mind to.

If we're not going to have relegation though, then there needs to be humuliation/forfeits/etc

There would be relegation, just only for the "guests" or whatever you call it. I don't think this leads to domestic leagues kicking these teams out because they can say goodbye to their precious tv rights which they value a helluva lot more than tradition and all this other stuff people are talking about. Same with UEFA/FIFA. This is basically a game of chicken between billionaires and I hate both sides not equally. 

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Gary Neville was arguing that the big six should be hit with point deductions immediately. Although he didn't say how many. I think it should probably be, like, 30 points (thus putting Arsenal and Spurs in the relegation places, and meaning that as it stands next year's Champions League qualifiers are Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds).

Seems fair.

Says the Leeds fan ?

33 minutes ago, Eoae said:

So which club is Kite Man?

Good question. Speaking of questions, did you pick the wrestling game with CM Punk in from the PS3/Xbox 360 generation?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Says the Leeds fan ?

Good question. Speaking of questions, did you pick the wrestling game with CM Punk in from the PS3/Xbox 360 generation?

Yeah.  I went with WWE 2K13 (your suggestion).  It seems to be the early 2010's WWE game that gets talked up the most, and I figured i should give it a try since it was the last year THQ had the license.  I ordered a copy over the weekend so it should be in my mailbox later in the week.

I didn't realize that the X360/PS3 era WWE games had become scarce and valuable.  Not many copies listed on eBay or the similar sites, and the secondhand prices were surprisingly high.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Yeah.  I went with WWE 2K13 (your suggestion).  It seems to be the early 2010's WWE game that gets talked up the most, and I figured i should give it a try since it was the last year THQ had the license.  I ordered a copy over the weekend so it should be in my mailbox later in the week.

I didn't realize that the X360/PS3 era WWE games had become scarce and valuable.  Not many copies listed on eBay or the similar sites, and the secondhand prices were surprisingly high.

Thanks for choosing my pick, WWE 13. I hope you like it as it sucks when someone talks something up and you don't share that take. I still play that, Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 and Fire Pro Wrestling on the GBA. I was really surprised I liked WWE 13 as I hated the few games after Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 and the two 2K games. Sucks THQ went out of business and couldn't follow up on the foundation laid by WWE 13.

You've taught me something as I didn't know the Xbox 360/PS3 WWE games has become valuable. Got rid of three or four of them.