DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2021

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

McGoldrick's header...my gran could have scored that and she's been dead fifteen years. This cursed season cannot end soon enough.

At least Ole's figured out how to prevent the fans from getting angry at ManU always losing in Cup semi-finals. 

By losing in quarter-finals instead.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:35 PM, AxB said:

At least Ole's figured out how to prevent the fans from getting angry at ManU always losing in Cup semi-finals. 

By losing in quarter-finals instead.

Honestly if it's a choice between the Europa League and the FA Cup I'll take the Europa League (particularly this season). Why? Pretty certain Europa brings in more money, is to the best of my knowledge an automatic ticket to Champions League (unless that was also changed with the revamp) and the point of the FA Cup is the whole outing to Wembley and a packed stadium and without that it kills much of the romance of winning it.

Also I plan on getting a Pompey shirt to express my seething hatred and contempt for that fucking wanker Ralph Kreuger who further ruined my Sabres. If there is a God may he land on his feet with a gig at CFG, Sevco or the DC Scum.

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Apparently there is Twitter beef going on between Jozy and Twellman. 

To paraphrase a famous Kissinger line on the Iran/Iraq War: Why can't they both lose?

Tommy TooCool takes over Chelsea, goes undefeated for ages, and then loses to West Brom? That just isn't right. Allardyce's head was already too big.

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Sheffield United are also relegated today.

The only silver lining of this wretched season will be if Wednesday get relegated too.

The team needs to be mentally rebuilt from the ground up, and some flair needs to be injected into the midfield, woo. Avoiding relegation to League 1 should be United's top priority next season. If they get promoted straight back up, fair enough, but there's ZERO momentum going into 21/22.

So, all the English teams who break away should be banned from the Premier League, Football League, FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League, and Champion's League. And also anyone signed to them should further be banned from FIFA and UEFA competitions, so no European Championship, International Friendlies, or World Cup appearances. That sounds fair, right?

• Like 1