DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover: Stand & Deliver - 4/7-8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Assuming the NXT title goes on last Night 2, they really have set these shows up to let their main events fall flat even if they're good. Ciampa/Walter is going to be incredible, and KOR/Cole might be great, might be way too much and too self-indulgent, but either way, I can't see Killer Kross being able to follow it.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Assuming the NXT title goes on last Night 2, they really have set these shows up to let their main events fall flat even if they're good. Ciampa/Walter is going to be incredible, and KOR/Cole might be great, might be way too much and too self-indulgent, but either way, I can't see Killer Kross being able to follow it.

Walter/Ciampa should be good, but I can see Io/Raquel eclipsing it pretty easily. A Killer Kross match was never going to be able to follow anything. Its why its dumb they keep pushing him so hard.

I watched the Cole/O'Reily video last night and was blown away by it. This is the kind of production that I've always loved from NXT. But at the same time it made me wonder how the hell can this company make something that great for this and they can't do shit for Mania.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Walter and Ciampa. I can't imagine Ciampa is going to win and go back to WWE NXT UK...but stranger things have happened. NXT UK has built a great story that no one there can beat Walter so it's possible. 

IO/Raquel should be a good match. I just hope if Io does lose it doesn't mean she's going to the main roster soon.

The gauntlet match seems like they're doing a lot of hoops and jumps just for Lumis and Gargano which is the feud and match people want to see.

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

The gauntlet match seems like they're doing a lot of hoops and jumps just for Lumis and Gargano which is the feud and match people want to see.

The gauntlet match feels more like an excuse to get more mid-big sized names on the show. Basically its the NXT version of MITB.

Night 1 sounds great. Dunne/Kushida, Walter/Ciampa, Gauntlet thing, men's tag titles, and Io/Raquel all within the strict confines of a 2-hour show.

Night 2 doesn't have nearly as good a match listing, and will have license to overkill as the first big Peacock only show.

• Like 1

If you had to pick only one night to watch, Night 1's definitely the one to go for. Night 2 has potential though. That incredible Prime Target promo has managed to get me at least somewhat interested in KOR/Cole. I'll be cheering on Balor to retain even though I expect it'll be Kross. I hope we get the Balor/WALTER match at Takeover: Dublin either way. The Ladder match should deliver, Escobar to win and move on to a new challenger I expect. 

• Like 2

Night 1 looks great if only for the singles matches. My only worry is that being on network tv will screw a few of the matches over for time. Kind of wish it was the night airing on Peacock.

Night 2 has little of my interest outside of the Women's tag titles match and maybe Gargano's defense depending on who he is up against. Escobar/Devlin should be fine, but I ain't watching that with Devlin on my shit list. Cole/O'Reilly feels like it will end up being overkill, I dislike Cole, and I'm just not into UE's implosion in general. Kross does nothing for me yet feels destined to win a belt he should be no where near. Ideally Finn succeeds and they build towards Finn/WALTER at Takeover Dublin. Unfortunately its insanely rare we see the ideal situation happen in WWE.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 8:00 AM, Go2Sleep said:

Night 1 sounds great. Dunne/Kushida, Walter/Ciampa, Gauntlet thing, men's tag titles, and Io/Raquel all within the strict confines of a 2-hour show.

Night 2 doesn't have nearly as good a match listing, and will have license to overkill as the first big Peacock only show.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, Tuna Boss said:

If you had to pick only one night to watch, Night 1's definitely the one to go for. Night 2 has potential though. That incredible Prime Target promo has managed to get me at least somewhat interested in KOR/Cole. I'll be cheering on Balor to retain even though I expect it'll be Kross. I hope we get the Balor/WALTER match at Takeover: Dublin either way. The Ladder match should deliver, Escobar to win and move on to a new challenger I expect. 

Night One looks great top to bottom. WALTER/Tommaso Ciampa is the must see match of this two part NXT TakeOver. I'll probably watch Night One live. I won't be Night Two. Expect Adam Cole to go full Cole, hopefully Kyle O'Reilly can reign him in and I'll be pissed if Karrion Kross beats Finn Balor for the NXT Championship. I also really want that WALTER/Balor match we were heading towards before fucking coronavirus.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I wonder if Stark vs Storm will serve as "John Cena vs Jericho on PPV in 2002", as in Stark's first major victory after a bunch of tough losses to top people. I'm not sure she's quite ready to beat Storm yet, but she needs to start getting some wins as well, right about now!

...yup, called it! A big win for Zoey!

Edited by Shartnado
Watched on Youtube

On Paper, Night 1 just looks infinitely superior to Night 2, so of course I have plans tonight and will miss it.

I think Walter/Ciampa and Raquel/Shirai could both be really good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Simulcast on Peacock and USA. Peacock version will be ad-free. 

How exactly does that work, isn’t it live tonight? What will peacock show during the ad breaks? I subscribed to the Premium Plus which honestly to me still has ads, shilling of wwe shop zone merch is still an ad to me. And yes I know the network did it too.

Dunne/Kusida was fine but could have used more buildup.

The gauntlet match was just kinda there.

Walter/Ciampa was just as brutal as expected.

I was most looking forward to the tag title match and it didn't disappoint. Sure it was a bit of a spotfest, but everything was hit cleanly and all three teams looked great. The dueling submission and tapout prevention was a nice callback to the older tag matches. Congrats to MSK on getting the belts.

The women's title match was terrific. Raquel has the most potential out of all the women on the roster and she was excellent here.