DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Saw Britt and Wardlow last night.  They were at their home promotion scouting talent for Elevation.  Picked 3 individuals.   Britt doesn't think she will be getting the gold for awhile.  Two possible directions things will go. One ends in a huge face turn saving Thunderosa from a beat down.

Wardlow is extremely happy with his position in AEW and is hoping for War games between Pinnacle and inner Circle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Saw Britt and Wardlow last night.  They were at their home promotion scouting talent for Elevation.  Picked 3 individuals.   Britt doesn't think she will be getting the gold for awhile.  Two possible directions things will go. One ends in a huge face turn saving Thunderosa from a beat down.

Wardlow is extremely happy with his position in AEW and is hoping for War games between Pinnacle and inner Circle. 

I'd prefer if you spoilered that shit and I bet Britt wishes you do too.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'd prefer if you spoilered that shit and I bet Britt wishes you do too.

Dude. Britt Baker is not going to just blab all the real booking plans to a random fan at an indy show lol. She's obviously working him. "Oh yeah man it's crazy I'm gonna do this big face turn and save Rosa then we're working The Bucks for the tag belts. Get your bet in early on Fan Duel and make some money!!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Dude. Britt Baker is not going to just blab all the real booking plans to a random fan at an indy show lol. She's obviously working him. "Oh yeah man it's crazy I'm gonna do this big face turn and save Rosa then we're working The Bucks for the tag belts. Get your bet in early on Fan Duel and make some money!!"

you have no idea. I'm not just a random fan. I've known Britt, Wardlow, and many more since before they had their first match. I didn't spoil the whole thing which is why I said "1 of 2 scenario's"   She's not working me at all. 

22 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

you have no idea. I'm not just a random fan. I've known Britt, Wardlow, and many more since before they had their first match. I didn't spoil the whole thing which is why I said "1 of 2 scenario's"   She's not working me at all. 

This means one of two things.

1. You're part of IWC's ring crew / digital team or something. In which case running to the internet to blab plans for someone you consider a friend / colleague is just... really shitty.

2. You're a fan. One that's been around a long time and thinks that makes you more than a fan. But still just a fan. In which case my initial joke is still relevant.

If you are in the business in some way, I would think that you'd know better than to post private conversations told to you in confidence about future plans. Which is why I assumed you fall in category 2 and made my joke.

• Like 5

Plus, he ran Baker down for ages on this board which, if her "I hope Meltzer liked it" comment is any indication, you can almost guarantee she reads. I think you failed the test, Mr. numbers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can almost understand the impulse, if one existed, to turn Britt face.  If AEW was touring full arenas right now, she would undoubtedly be getting face pops at this point.  But her heel act is so good, it should be a criminal offense to mess with it.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Is she still a snob in person? 

On 9/28/2018 at 7:17 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

she is a snob in person.  One of the only people who never had to set up the ring, help with raffle tickets, or sell merch. She will trash talk one company and then work there the next month trashing the other company.  She knows how to play the game though I'l give her that

On 9/29/2018 at 8:13 AM, paintedbynumbers said:

I was at her first match and most of her following matches. She got in by doing Chair Shot Reality on wrestlezone. rumoured to have done things w Lebar to get into training.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Is she still a snob in person? 

nope. Not to me anyway. AEW has changed her for the better both in ring and outside. It's a good thing.  The point that you literally searched posts 3 years old shows me you have no life. Just because she made a comment about Dave doesn't mean she reads deathvalleydriver. I know a ton of workers, fans, etc who read Observers, Torch, etc for decades and have no clue this place exists.    I didn't post the full scenario's given just a piece. I wasn't the only one she told this to either. 7-8 people at least (Mark Madden was right there too)  I figured I would add to this conversation as it's about AEW.  Fuck, I could have acted like the Shadow and pulled something random out my ass. Nothing I said will her Britt or her push.   It's funny that No Fist's just flips would rather figure out who I am and call me out rather than say 'thank you for the info" and move on.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EVA said:

I can almost understand the impulse, if one existed, to turn Britt face.  If AEW was touring full arenas right now, she would undoubtedly be getting face pops at this point.  But her heel act is so good, it should be a criminal offense to mess with it.

Plus, Nyla Rose is the only ready top heel they have. They are far stronger in decent-to-good babyface women right now that it would be a shame to turn her face right now. But I get it, wanting to build on the love she received for that performance and her fantastic heel work in general the past year plus. Now ain't the time imo, not until they build up some stronger heels that can go and are credible.

edit: althooouuugh, if you're going to do it, it's gotta be with a double turn w/ Shida who I think has shown some nastiness in her title reign. Britt could push her to the point that she has to cheat to hold on to her title. But there would need to be growth with Baker before that or it would just seem like a new dirtbag out-dirtagging the original dirtbag. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dog said:

Plus, he ran Baker down for ages on this board which, if her "I hope Meltzer liked it" comment is any indication, you can almost guarantee she reads. I think you failed the test, Mr. numbers!

yes I did. For things she did and has owned up to. She's become a much better person since being in AEW. I also apologized to her in person for being harsh on her early on. It's all water under the bridge. I believe I mentioned this in the past but I'm sure someone can dig that post up too.   

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Plus, Nyla Rose is the only ready top heel they have. They are far stronger in decent-to-good babyface women right now that it would be a shame to turn her face right now. But I get it, wanting to build on the love she received for that performance and her fantastic heel work in general the past year plus. Now ain't the time imo, not until they build up some stronger heels that can go and are credible.

edit: althooouuugh, if you're going to do it, it's gotta be with a double turn w/ Shida who I think has shown some nastiness in her title reign. Britt could push her to the point that she has to cheat to hold on to her title. 

Just to remind folks, Shida has cheated in most of her title offenses against legit threats.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

nope. Not to me anyway. AEW has changed her for the better both in ring and outside. It's a good thing.  The point that you literally searched posts 3 years old shows me you have no life. Just because she made a comment about Dave doesn't mean she reads deathvalleydriver. I know a ton of workers, fans, etc who read Observers, Torch, etc for decades and have no clue this place exists.    I didn't post the full scenario's given just a piece. I wasn't the only one she told this to either. 7-8 people at least (Mark Madden was right there too)  I figured I would add to this conversation as it's about AEW.  Fuck, I could have acted like the Shadow and pulled something random out my ass. Nothing I said will her Britt or her push.   It's funny that No Fist's just flips would rather figure out who I am and call me out rather than say 'thank you for the info" and move on. 

Googling ""paintedbynumbers" britt baker nxt"" isn't the major time commitment you think it is, champ. The rest of this feels like it's probably directed at someone else. Go quote them.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to put her business in the street. You're a stand-up dude. 

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Da moral compass of this business.

She's a better person now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Googling ""paintedbynumbers" britt baker nxt"" isn't the major time commitment you think it is, champ. The rest of this feels like it's probably directed at someone else. Go quote them.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to put her business in the street. You're a stand-up dude. 

She's a better person now. 

I'l quote you "champ"    You want to dish jabs at me you sure as hell better be able to take them. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

It's funny that No Fist's just flips would rather figure out who I am and call me out rather than say 'thank you for the info" and move on.

"Thank you for the info"

Spoiler

Strike one. But I'll find ya lol

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Deleted picture of wrong ring announcer

Strike one. But I'll find ya. Only so many ring announcers in FSW history lol.

For the record I don't actually care who you are. I just wanna make sure I don't accidentally book any stooges that run to the internet to spread the hot gossip to validate their desperate need for acceptance.

9 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

"Thank you for the info"

Hide contents

Found ya... ?
76697282_2413833008944458_73107599939914

and because I hate leaving them out......  The ref is Shawn Patrick. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet in or out of wrestling. If you look straight back you will see Dani Mo of the neon blondes.  Facade must have worked this show and was selling shirts right off the hanger.    She's a sweet girl. I've known Facade and his mom for years. Worked with his mom actually.  More info for ya fists. 

Where do you book?  The funny thing is if it's in Pittsburgh  I know you and you know me. I have 0 need to be validated by people I will probably never meet or know other than on here. I have 0 to gain. I am not shadow. I don't give a shit if I am right or not. Booking plans change. I gave a portion of one scenario. Not the full scenario and no the other scenario I was given either. This is a wrestling board. Britt told this to lots of other people and it wasn't implied to be secret either. Basically telling people "if you are waiting for me to get the belt it will be a while" type thing and going more into her future. It was nice as she didn't have to say anything to anyone.

I've said many times, I'm not here to fight with anyone. Not a keyboard warrior. It's pointless. But to take jabs after the posts shows your character.  

I know your not Justin Plummer, Jim Miller, Quinn, Dean, Derrick from RWA, or anyone at BDW.