DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Ozaki and Dynamite Kansai from early 95 in JWP

Dammit. If you had just said "the ring belt match" I would have immediately known what it was. Likely one of the first joshi matches I ever saw, on a Schneider Comp. And this has to be the second time it's in the blood thread haha

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

There's some interesting footage here. Shida looked legitimately thrilled for them. Britt was weirdly nonplussed and Tony Khan has terrible people skills. 

Oh man, that post-show adrenaline dump is all too real. Brit's one of those theater kids who won't let anybody tell her she did a good job after tearing the house down... I woulda never guessed.

One more thing about the main: That felt like one of the only matches since the pandemic began that there was a crowd that was sucked in and made an impact on it. Even the "this is awesome" felt earned and like the performers managed to shut them up after it began from the impact they were having in the ring. It was just too good to chant over. 

• Like 3

That might be my best match in AEW history..    i'd have to go and watch Cody vs. Dustin and Hangman/Omega vs. YBs etc..   but it's easily top 5.  

i believe they should separate for a while both go do their own thing but Britt and Thunder Rosa are the future and the feud they can always count on down the road to deliver.   That's their four horsewomen.   The dynamic duo of Thunder Rosa and Dr. Britt.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alstein said:

I hope Britt getting even more sadistic when she bleeds becomes a regular part of her gimmick.  Only thing I didn't like was the tacks, it made no sense for Britt to bring them out if she was going for her submission finisher.  Tacks aren't going to make it hurt more, unless you stick them in her mouth or something.  Minor nitpick though.

Didn't bother me. Britt was going to go for her submission finisher but instead wanted to hurt Rosa with the swinging neckbreaker onto the thumbtacks for Rosa giving her the crimson mask.

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That might be my best match in AEW history..    i'd have to go and watch Cody vs. Dustin and Hangman/Omega vs. YBs etc..   but it's easily top 5. 

Been working on such a project.

My top five:

5. Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Cody. AEW Dynamite, 7th October 2020.

4. Thunder Rosa vs. Britt Baker. AEW Dynamite, 17th March 2021.

3. Kenny Omega/Adam Page vs. The Young Bucks. AEW Revolution 2020. 

2. Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes. AEW Double or Nothing 2019.

1. Adam Page/John Silver/Alex Reynolds vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz. AEW Dynamite, 30th December 2020.

Rosa/Baker might wind up moving as high as #2.

Looking at my top 20, nearly half is made up of AEW Dynamite. Impressive a TV show has so many showings.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Caught Baker/Rosa on a replay. Its definitely the best match I've seen out of the half a dozen or so women's matches from AEW I have caught. I'm a sucker for blood, and Baker really knows how to play things up as a character and for the camera. I couldn't help but think how much damn better Baker is than her significant other. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cubbymark said:
 Interesting perspective amongst all the love for Baker/Thunder Rosa. Thunder Rosa's post match interview is a more traditional way of putting the match and yourself over. 

I'm not saying I disagree with the sentiment, but Britt's comments about Meltzer were also made while being filmed somewhat candidly in a behind-the-scenes manner vs Rosa who was being interviewed by Tony Schiavone holding a mic, I'd be more curious to hear what Baker says in her eventual promo to get her heat back. 

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 4