DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, hammerva said:

Well it is official.  Britt Baker > Adam Cole.  We didn't see it a year ago at this time but seriously what a performance.  From both really 

That look from Britt into the camera when she was on all fours and wearing the crimson mask. Pure hate. She completely "gets it". 

• Like 10

Just now, Peck said:

Britt and Thunder Rosa completely made up for the fucking abomination of Cody basically no-selling having his arm "broken" and pinning Penta with a flash roll-up.

The main event was so good I forgot about THIS pile of bullshit. It wasn't even a rollup, it was a damned sunset flip position. Someone please tell me why Cody's someone I should cheer.

No! No! No negativity! Not until tomorrow! I loved the main event and the PINNACLE~ promo was great.

• Like 5

Gotdamn, that was a fucking great second hour!

I have no idea why Matt Hardy is still a thing in 2021, but everyone else in that match brought their working boots. Jungle Boy is going to be a STAR if they don't fuck around with him.

That King/Mox promo is exactly why North American wrestlign should be built around those two guys. That wasn't a particularly focused or intense promo and it was still 10 thousand times better than any promo on WWE tv this year. The match was pretty good. I'm not a Good Brothers fan at all, so I wasn't their target audience for this. Less Kenny Omega is always a good thing, and I thought they used him well here. 

Fuck Brian Cage. Ricky Starks. That is all.

Rey Fenix is the shit. That is all. 

Holy Santa Claus shit did that main event deliver. There might not be a better wrestler on the planet right now, regardless of gender, than Thunder Rosa, and i'll be damned if that match didn't deliver. They knew what they had to do and they knocked ito ut of the fucking park. Good for them. That's MOTY in my book.

Also, that Pinnacle promo was the taint. I'm not as high on MJF as some, but if they're going all the way with him, this is the way to do it. And Tully still has zip on the fastball. Holy shit.

Edited by just drew
I forgot to dap up Tully. I'm a big-eared bitch.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

It's actually wild that Baker was a comedy act when I started watching this company.

She was the shits too. It really is jaw dropping.

EDIT: Pardon the pun there, I really didn't mean it haha

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Fucking AWESOME main event. I was looking forward to it but this even blew away all expectations. I was not expecting a full on double blood bath but this delivered so much. Phenomenal feud blowoff, perfectly executed. The blood added so much, the tacks spots were insane, and the finish was properly brutal. Absolutely loved this. Thinking my new MOTY for the year thus far.

Thought Jade looked very good again in her squash. Enjoyed the Pinnacle promo as well as Moxley/Kingston's bit, they're great together. Liked their post-match chaos, Omega dancing his way out was hilarious. Great show with the unbelievably incredible main event putting it way over the top. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, that Pinnacle promo was the taint.

Sorry not hip to the street lingo, I’m guessing this a good thing? Like ‘the dogs bollocks’ as it’s in that general perineal vicinity? 
I can’t wait to watch this show once my working day is over, looks like the main event is being lauded across the board.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Custos said:

Sorry not hip to the street lingo, I’m guessing this a good thing? Like ‘the dogs bollocks’ as it’s in that general perineal vicinity? 
I can’t wait to watch this show once my working day is over, looks like the main event is being lauded across the board.

Yeah, sorry. That's an expression my friends and I use. Mrs. Drew and baby Drew are out of town and I have had a few Silver Bullets...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Cody Rhodes and that rabble of sycophantic  'talent' they surround him with absolutely fucking sucks.

Darby Allin's "I've defended this belt 3 times in 6 months .. no don't cheer that, its a joke!" was absolutely right. As I've written before, get him away from the trash end-of-days-WCW mob-handed angles and let him thrive as a true singles star where he's actually defending the title he holds, one of only 2 male titles in the company.

Breaking up Team Tazz is good. Brian Cage's face work was actually better than his heel work; he makes a good tough-as-nails big man handing out grudging respect. Nice platform for Starks + him there, and to put Starks over at its close. Hobbs has potential obviously if they ever actually put him in a match on Dynamite in 2021; the other 2 can gladly go to the unemployment line.

Scorpio Sky's promo vid was very nicely produced, and he came off well actually. Felt like a sincere UFC style promo vid, which is a good thing. Maybe there's a higher ceiling for him yet.

Last match not for me .. but the women certainly laid it all out there & held nothing back, so kudos.

• Like 1

I hope they don't break up Team Tazz. Just have Cage leave. Maybe replace him with a signee with serious amateur chops and an axe to grind. Maybe an Olympic hopeful who kept being reminded of his diminutive stature by his former employer....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

I hope they don't break up Team Tazz. Just have Cage leave. Maybe replace him with a signee with serious amateur chops and an axe to grind. Maybe an Olympic hopeful who kept being reminded of his diminutive stature by his former employer....

There is 0 upside to that group on the show other than an internal feud to put either Starks or Cage (Starks vastly preferable) at its close. Starks is 31, should be coming into his prime and needs his own presence & to stake his own charisma, not have a washed up old fat guy speak on his behalf. There's too many dudes there to begin with for the size & depth of programs they're involved with. Hobbs is lucky at this rate if he gets 1 or 2 network singles matches in a calendar year. No other individuals / groups on the show stand out as being suitable rubs in a feud. The only one who gets any remote upside is the man its named after & his hooded kid.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Call me a prude or a hater or whatever, but I think it may be a very good thing that the WWE has a no color policy for the women. ? 

???

Where does strawberry shortcake come in at?

Spoiler

8BF53C03-1F7A-4B76-89DD-67735E71F5C6-128

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1