DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

22 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Really looking forward to the Fenix vs Angelico Lucha Underground tribute match.  They should build a TK's office set for Angelico to jump off of for old time's sake.

TonyKhanisangry.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not to be a blood sucking freak, but I hope this Rosa vs Britt match turns into a good ol' fashioned, southern-style bloodbath. At some point, I want Britt to be busted open and bleeding everywhere and then Rosa takes her hand and smears the blood down the unpainted side of her face. I really stoked for this even though I know there might not be any juice. If this is the blowoff, someone's ass needs to get beaten badly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Our boy TK got some real Dario Cueto energy there

Was really hoping TK would be able to resist keeping himself off his own TV but I should’ve known it was inevitable given how long promoters have been doing so. 

I mean I know it’s just the YT show and Impact ftmp but we all know what’s ahead. 

10 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Maybe they said it and I forgot already, but was there any reason given why TH2 aren't partnering with Hardy Party anymore?

I'm guessing due to them (originally) being hired vigilantes and Hardy hiring Butcher & Blade full time. It would have made more sense just to bring in TH2 in B&B's spot.

Pretty excited for tonight! Dynamite is always awesome after a week of watching WWE clips in the meantime anyway and I'm DYING to hear the followup to the main event angle from last week. I'm also stoked for Penta/Cody, because Cody's gotta go away eventually and why not when someone's pledged to break his arm/shoulder? 

VERY hyped for Britt Baker/Thunder Rosa. I know it isn't the popular opinion here but during that tag match on the Revolution pre-show it didn't look like actual stars were in the ring to me until those two were locking up. I'm sorry, the comparison in that match was nuts. You have these smaller, pale women who barely look like they have much mass to them (even though Itoh is a natural entertainer) and then Rosa and Baker get in there, looking bigger and stronger and Britt being tan. It's a star look, to me anyway. Point is, these two have been what have made me pay attention to the women's division again and I look forward to a crazy match that isn't some stupid shit.

Will Jade Cargill tell us how Shaq disappeared?

Happy St Patrick’s Day! Here’s the drinking game I’ll be playing tonight (feel free to add, I know there’s many more cliches)

-Run in during or after match

-Ref distraction

-JR commenting on someone’s physique

-Promo being interrupted

-Heel rubbing their palms together

-“you see” uttered in any promo

-Canadian Destroyer

-Lights go out

-Jab at WWE

-JR getting someone’s name wrong

Edited by A.M.B.
  • Haha 3

Tully's absolutely still got it on the mic, man. Him and MJF together just isn't fair for everyone else.

"He's a wiggly-eyed dude." - Eddie Kingston

Good Brothers vs Kingston/Moxley was pretty good. Great segment overall. 

Did any actual lights go out for the lights out match? I enjoyed the chaos, though. Holy fuck this match. That Britt Baker curb stomp on the steps ruled so much. All the encounters with these two have so much violence. Thunder Rosa's fucking awesome. Baker's demented, blood-covered grin is some excellent shit. This has actually been one of my favourite AEW feuds. One million stars.

• Like 5

I'd been looking forward to Cody/Pentagon and it wasn't much of a match. They could have salvaged it by having Pentagon give Cody a quality post-match beatdown but he got in like three punches before Cody's entourage came in for the save. Then there's some hubub because QT didn't come out quickly enough to help make the save, even though several other people had already come out to help. Based on the jackets so many guys wear on Dark, there's like 12 people in the Nightmare Family. Are all of them in hot water for not coming out to help as well?

Ten man tag wasn't much of a thing. I'm down for a Bear Country/Jurassic Express match though.

Angelico/Fenix was really good. I'd like to see a longer match between them, or a TH2/Death Triangle match.

The Pinnacle's promo was one of the high points of the night.

Good Brothers vs Moxley/Kingston was ok.

I guess Team Tazz is breaking up already? I hope we don't have to see Sting and Brian Cage attempt a match.

The main event match was fantastic and probably more bloody and brutal than the barbed wire match from the ppv. I'd say this was one of the best AEW matches this year so far. Both women looked great and Baker showed how much she's improved.

I was gonna pontificate on who would be the person to do a St. Patty's Day reference and first thing I see when I turn it on is a Mexican mugging to the camera in a green plastic party hat. Meanwhile, has there ever been a more irritating combination than a Canadian Destroyer followed by a Reverse Cutter? Cornette probably broke his television.

Callis is great. "Your dad got beat up and you didn't do anything about it." NO LEG SLAPS WHEN KICKING hahahaha

MJF has serious Gino Hernandez heat. Or should I say Tully Blanchard heat? They'll both have to work hard at getting Spears over though.

That has to be the only time I've cared about Gallows since he was Festus and the only time I've cared about Karl Anderson ever. Dirty fight, killer hot tag after King gets beat down, a full on Memphis piledriver? Yeah, I'll take it. Bucks taking place in this isn't, but what the hell. 

Recipe for Sting: Make entrance, say almost nothing, leave. Walked out of the room for a minute but isn't that what happened again?

Angelico's wacky maestro shit is much obliged. 

Miro warning about your wife being at ringside. A man who knows of what he speaks. 

Any shred of goodwill lost by the explosion match is now renewed. That was fucking sick. The knees to the face in the cravat was probably even better than the finish. FUCKIN HELL. Give those women a medal.

• Like 3

Easily the most violent women's match I've personally watched but they were GOING for it, with submissions and pinning reversals IN THE BED OF TACKS. That's some hatred, Britt lost nothing by jobbing here, both are stars now. It took a bloodbath but we finally got an AEW women's match that's going to be on the highlight reels for years.

• Like 5