DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVII - 4/10-11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So I they are going for the Shawn and Diesel dynamic all the way. It should be a really good match unless Omos is completely bad. I'm sure they'll limit his time in the ring here. Just like with Nash he had the luxury of being up close and watch the best worker in the company.

I feel sorry for Titus because he is the best spokesperson for WWE and his story of his upbringing is amazing for him to achieve so much inspite of it all. They company would much rather him being in that role even though I've always thought he was just as much of an asset on screen whether he is managing or commentary or even in the ring.

He's basically going out there and pretend like everything is cool with Hulk although I know there are a ton of people in the company is not. Honestly unless he committed a Benoit type of situation or something type of Epstien situation, won't be erased from the WWE lexicon. He is probably the Real Mr WrestleMania so I don't really have a problem with him having a part in it, If they have him connected with Titus, they screams desperation on WWE. I'm not upset with his involvement because I've always expected him to work with the company in that role. What other way could they possibly use him.

He's got to deal with those actions every time he comes around the locker room. He's been open about guys still having heat with him and also most of these guys today never had an emotional attachment to him anyway so it's nothing to a lot of him to just throw him to the side.

Edited by Ziggy

Vince's dream was a Hogan/R-Truth minstrel double feature. "Ohhhhhhh naw Mista Hogan, puh-leeeeeeeaze don't drop that leg on me! I was just wantin' ta innerdoose that bunny man!"

Who do you see this company using for nostalgia pops in twenty years, assuming they're still around? Can you imagine an older Orton getting the same kind of feeling from fans that someone from the 80s or 90s booms might? This is the hazard of not making any fucking stars for so long. Cena's seriously the only guy, which was sadly by design for ten years. I suppose if the pro wrestling fanbase has been whittled down to the most hardcore of hardcore fans by then they'll pop for Styles or Bryan or something but those aren't people that would be recognized by those coveted casual or lapsed fans. 

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WRESTLEMANIA XXXVII - 4/10-11/2021

I'll be honest, I've never watched a Rhea Ripley match or anything outside of Rumble appearances but her against Asuka is more exciting to me than Charlotte. Get well soon to Charlotte but there's a chance to make a new star here in Ripley. She's got a real presence and doesn't feel out of place being vaulted to the top of the Raw women's division. I'm most surprised that WWE acknowledged the pandemic again but I guess it was unavoidable like with McIntyre.

2 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I'll be honest, I've never watched a Rhea Ripley match or anything outside of Rumble appearances but her against Asuka is more exciting to me than Charlotte. Get well soon to Charlotte but there's a chance to make a new star here in Ripley

You really should check out Rhea's matches against Shayna, Io, Mercedes, & Raquel.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You really should check out Rhea's matches against Shayna, Io, Mercedes, & Raquel.

I'll second those along with the Women's WarGames from NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2019 and Ripley vs. Charlotte from last year's WrestleMania. I'd say her best singles match was vs. Io Shirai on the 18th of November 2020 episode of NXT.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

ExIdNxTW8AE5E90?format=jpg&name=large

Not a lot of surprise here, though I do hope that Belair/Banks is the main event of night one. I also hope that each night clocks in at three hours. I figured Bad Bunny would be on the first night to entice potential viewers for night two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

Not a lot of surprise here, though I do hope that Belair/Banks is the main event of night one. I also hope that each night clocks in at three hours. I figured Bad Bunny would be on the first night to entice potential viewers for night two.

I agree with all you say. I've felt for a while it will be Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair going on last one night and Roman Reigns vs. Edge the other. I must say I'd have preferred Sasha Banks vs. Bayley instead. Feel for Bayley as she deserves something big for her 2020, one of the few WWE bright spots last year. I suggested Bayley vs. Io Shirai for the NXT Women's Championship.

• Like 1

It is clear that Fiend/Orton is gonna be some sort of cinematic match so have fun paying more to watch the show in person and then just stare at the jumbotron.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It is clear that Fiend/Orton is gonna be some sort of cinematic match so have fun paying more to watch the show in person and then just stare at the jumbotron.

Return of the Firefly Fun House! Needs Randy Orton RNN reports.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I'm just here to hear Burn in my Light. I'd also like to see a deconstruction of Orton's career. I hate the Fiend and didn't consider the Firefly Funhouse to be a match last year. It has to be better than the first Orton-Wyatt Mania match, which I also hope is mocked. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I'm just here to hear Burn in my Light. I'd also like to see a deconstruction of Orton's career. I hate the Fiend and didn't consider the Firefly Funhouse to be a match last year. It has to be better than the first Orton-Wyatt Mania match, which I also hope is mocked. 

God that Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania XXXIII is one of the worst wrestling matches I've seen in my 31 years as a wrestling fan made worse I was watching It live in the very early hours of the morning UK time. It should have been Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton vs. Luke Harper as the Wyatt Family implodes.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1