DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVII - 4/10-11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Few WrestleMania stats I came up with last week. Hope these are accurate.

Wrestlers who have wrestled for the WWE Championship (THE world title in WWE) at successive WrestleMania's: Fk Hulk Hogan (II-III, V-VII) Randy Savage (IV-V), Bret Hart/Yokozuna (IX-X), Shawn Michaels (XI-XII), Steve Austin (XIV-XV), The Rock (XV to X-Seven), Kurt Angle (XIX-XX), John Cena (XXI-XXIV, XXVI-XXVII), Triple H (XXIV-XXV), Roman Reigns (XXXI-XXXII) and Drew McIntyre (XXVI-XXVII).

Wrestlers who have main evented successive WrestleMania's. The above with the exception of Drew McIntyre.

Most WrestleMania main events. I count a main event as the very last match on: Fk Hulk Hogan (8), Triple H (7), The Undertaker (6), John Cena (5), Shawn Michaels (5), The Rock (5) and Roman Reigns (4 right now, might become 5).

Wrestlers who have either opened a WrestleMania and were in the main event the next year or were in the main event and opened up WrestleMania not counting pre-show matches: Bret Hart (IX-X), The Miz (XXVI-XXVII), Daniel Bryan (XXX-XXXI) and Drew McIntyre (XXXVI-XXXVII).

If Daniel Bryan or Edge win the WWE Universal Championship, history will be made as the first to win the WWE Championship, World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Universal Championship.

Sasha Banks is 0-5 at WrestleMania. That's shocking.

This one has been making the rounds on social media.

This will be the first Wrestlemania since WM4 that hasn't had at least one of Shawn Michaels, HHH, or the Undertaker somewhere on the card.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

This one has been making the rounds on social media.

This will be the first Wrestlemania since WM4 that hasn't had at least one of Shawn Michaels, HHH, or the Undertaker somewhere on the card.

Have to admit I miss Triple H at WrestleMania just for his OTT entrances. I was crying with laughter at XXX, XXXI and XXXIII.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Wrestlers who have either opened a WrestleMania and were in the main event the next year or were in the main event and opened up WrestleMania not counting pre-show matches: Bret Hart (IX-X), The Miz (XXVI-XXVII), Daniel Bryan (XXX-XXXI) and Drew McIntyre (XXXVI-XXXVII).

Paul Orndorff main evented the first WrestleMania and opened the second.

• Thanks 1

It's Christmas morning for wrestling fans! Finally, people! Bomb-ass set! Pyro in the sky! 

The product might not be very good tonight but the presentation will be superb. No way Vince doesn't want this show to be a big "you must have forgotten who the fuck we are."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tuna Boss said:

Set looks so good, thank God. 35's was such a disappointment that it really damaged that show. 

Totally agree. Dope set. Love that they went ahead and made a pirate ship 4x as big as the one that's built into the stadium lol.

I'd venture to say WM 35 was the laziest WM stadium set ever. It's was literally just a 30 yard long LCD with no added design elements.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

@Dolfan in NYCGotta add Billie Kay and Mella to the opening post.

Those cowards better put some gold on Billie. She's more than qualified. 

Updated.  This appears to be the final card too.  

If Bayley has a match added tonight for tomorrow, I'll update.  

As is the tradition, we're gonna open a new thread for the post-show reactions. 

How the fuck do they do it? Ask me a few days ago and I'm not excited for the show but today I'm totally jacked. Every year, the same story. I don't care until I wake up the day of the event. Now I'm staring down the clock and wondering why this hasn't started yet, dammit.

• Haha 1