DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XXXVII - 4/10-11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

• Bayley spoke to Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT where she confirmed that the company has no plans for her at WrestleMania. I cannot give you an honest answer, dude,” Bayley started with a smile. “I don’t know. I’m sorry guys, it just didn’t happen. Even if there was something, I don’t know if I would tell you guys to spoil it. But yeah, it’s OK. I’ll be here for a long time. I might just jump the barricade and steal my own moment if they won’t give me one. I’ll just steal it.”
  • Sad 1

I know it sounds petty but if I'm in WWE and I am a Bayley, Nakamura, Benjamin, Ricochet, Uso, and I bust my ass all year and bookers can't find a spot for me on a 2 night Mania  I'm going to NJPW or AEW as soon as I can.  Why stick around at a company where they can't find something for me on a 2 night Mania?  Same goes for Roode and Dolph

• Like 7

14 hours ago, The Natural said:
  • Bayley spoke to Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT where she confirmed that the company has no plans for her at WrestleMania. I cannot give you an honest answer, dude,” Bayley started with a smile. “I don’t know. I’m sorry guys, it just didn’t happen. Even if there was something, I don’t know if I would tell you guys to spoil it. But yeah, it’s OK. I’ll be here for a long time. I might just jump the barricade and steal my own moment if they won’t give me one. I’ll just steal it.”

My hope is that they do have a surprise lined up for her and she's being coy about it.  But if they truly don't have something then I'll be incredibly annoyed about this.  Her and Sasha were the driving force of the women's division especially during the pandemic and to not have something for her is just incredibly stupid.

• Thanks 2

On 4/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

My hope is that they do have a surprise lined up for her and she's being coy about it. 

Per Meltzer there might be (Spoiler possibly for SDL tonight and Mania)

Spoiler

At one point, an plan was discussed for WWE WrestleMania 37 that would feature the return of Becky Lynch -- an plan that might begin to take form on Friday's SmackDown.

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that the plan was for Bayley to do a "Ding Dong, Hello!" interview segment at some point during the weekend that would see Lynch make her return by "driving a big truck in."

"That also explains Bayley seemingly not booked for the show after a year when she was women’s MVP," Meltzer wrote.

As noted, the SmackDown roster member isn't booked on either night of WrestleMania and tonight's pre-taped show is the final one before the festivities kick off Saturday. She hasn't wrestled since a late-February six-woman tag team match, but recently said in an interview that she's not injured and that there were no plans for her despite pitching several non-title grudge match ideas.

Lynch has been out of action since last May as she revealed she was pregnant and relinquished the Raw title. She gave birth in December. The timing would seem to make sense given a feature in Elle Magazine dropped Friday and that WWE president Nick Khan said in a interview this week that Lynch would return "at a certain point of time...in the not-too-distant future."

• Thanks 1

I had a feeling soon after what I posted that I was falling for something that was being setup so if they got me then congrats to them they got me.  But there's no harm in at least announcing she's doing her show with a surprise/unknown guest.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer there might be (Spoiler possibly for SDL tonight and Mania)

Reveal hidden contents

At one point, an plan was discussed for WWE WrestleMania 37 that would feature the return of Becky Lynch -- an plan that might begin to take form on Friday's SmackDown.

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that the plan was for Bayley to do a "Ding Dong, Hello!" interview segment at some point during the weekend that would see Lynch make her return by "driving a big truck in."

"That also explains Bayley seemingly not booked for the show after a year when she was women’s MVP," Meltzer wrote.

As noted, the SmackDown roster member isn't booked on either night of WrestleMania and tonight's pre-taped show is the final one before the festivities kick off Saturday. She hasn't wrestled since a late-February six-woman tag team match, but recently said in an interview that she's not injured and that there were no plans for her despite pitching several non-title grudge match ideas.

Lynch has been out of action since last May as she revealed she was pregnant and relinquished the Raw title. She gave birth in December. The timing would seem to make sense given a feature in Elle Magazine dropped Friday and that WWE president Nick Khan said in a interview this week that Lynch would return "at a certain point of time...in the not-too-distant future."

Doesn't seem like they're even trying to keep it secret: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdYGfPhWDB/

Edited by nofuture

Fuck that - that is the Brock method and its brilliant

The first match that pretty much everyone in the crowd will see live in basically a year. They are going to go crazy for it.

AND you then get the fuck out of dodge.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck that - that is the Brock method and its brilliant

The first match that pretty much everyone in the crowd will see live in basically a year. They are going to go crazy for it.

AND you then get the fuck out of dodge.

Isn’t there just as much chance that they go crazy for Lashley instead though?

57 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

@Dolfan in NYCGotta add Billie Kay and Mella to the opening post.

Those cowards better put some gold on Billie. She's more than qualified. 

I said multiple times that the perfect role for Bayley now is to become the ACE of the Women's tag division. Tag Team Tanahashi if you will.

The Riott Squad should have won the tag belts and Billie Kay's search for a partner/friend should have ended with Bayley. Tell me Bayley and Billie Kay hosting 'Ding Dong Hello' as tag champs isn't perfect?

Edited by L_W_P

Few WrestleMania stats I came up with last week. Hope these are accurate.

Wrestlers who have wrestled for the WWE Championship (THE world title in WWE) at successive WrestleMania's: Fk Hulk Hogan (II-III, V-VII) Randy Savage (IV-V), Bret Hart/Yokozuna (IX-X), Shawn Michaels (XI-XII), Steve Austin (XIV-XV), The Rock (XV to X-Seven), Kurt Angle (XIX-XX), John Cena (XXI-XXIV, XXVI-XXVII), Triple H (XXIV-XXV), Roman Reigns (XXXI-XXXII) and Drew McIntyre (XXVI-XXVII).

Wrestlers who have main evented successive WrestleMania's. The above with the exception of Drew McIntyre.

Most WrestleMania main events. I count a main event as the very last match on: Fk Hulk Hogan (8), Triple H (7), The Undertaker (6), John Cena (5), Shawn Michaels (5), The Rock (5) and Roman Reigns (4 right now, might become 5).

Wrestlers who have either opened a WrestleMania and were in the main event the next year or were in the main event and opened up WrestleMania not counting pre-show matches: Bret Hart (IX-X), The Miz (XXVI-XXVII), Daniel Bryan (XXX-XXXI) and Drew McIntyre (XXXVI-XXXVII).

If Daniel Bryan or Edge win the WWE Universal Championship, history will be made as the first to win the WWE Championship, World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Universal Championship.

Sasha Banks is 0-5 at WrestleMania. That's shocking.

Edited by The Natural